What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd21: Parra v Knights LIVE GAME DAY thread 10/8/19

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
“The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension”
Have to try convert it. Will give it a go later unless someone knows how I can create a link?

you may have to host it some where then provide a link

what is actually in the audio ? do you have the person's permission to reproduce, or post it ?

Glenneel

Bench
Yeah I just watched the sort of 60 minute highlights replay they do and thought the same thing.

I didn't think it was Melbourne level but they definitely let both sides get at each other a lot more. I actually quite liked it though, it added to the energy of the game in defence I thought even if uit did stifle the attack a bit.

I was even more impressed with Niukore the second time round too. He changed the game right when we needed it, and Ma'u played a big role too.

I do think we would be well served with another attacking forward on the bench in place of Moeroa. Starting a guy like Alvaro (given Mannah is out of the picture), Evans and then for mine young Utoikamanu on the bench with Niukore and Terepo/Gower is a much better rotation IMO.

*In before someone calls me an Alvaro lover*
Alvaro lover!!!

Kornstar

Coach

The worst part about this call is there was a kick around the half way line from the Knights where 2 of their players we about 3 metres in front of the kicker and tackled our player in a dominant tackle putting us on the blackfoot to start the set.......NOTHING!!!!!

So they manage to find us being off-side by possibly a millimetre (but looked ok on replay) but they miss 2 players, 3 metres in front of the kicker (in front of the touch judge too by the way) which should have been the easiest call of the night.

Both were at crucial times of the game when the game is in the balance and one team got the call and one team did not........

The incompetence from these clowns is frustrating. Shoulder charges that aren't shoulder charges, off-sides that aren't off sides and off-sides they are off-sides not called off-sides.

The problem is that they are also reactionary, a coupe of weeks ago Ponga does the same thing (only difference is that it was high as well) and they sin bin him (incorrectly, should have just been a penalty) so when he does it again they let it go because they f**ked up so royal last time.

They have a tough job no doubt and some of the rules cause the issues but simple things like off-sides should not be missed as consistently as they are. It goes for every team too, we have benefited as well so i am not saying we are always dudded, my problem is that the times they call it and the times they don't even care how off-side a player is baffles me. And my biggest pet peeve is the hand on the ball penalty, 1 in every 100 is called a penalty but they missed the last 99 and then they call it randomly, it drives me f**king crazy, especially when teams like Melbourne never have their hand off the ball!!!

Anyways, we won, i'm happy and we have won while looking like a bottom 4 team.......Fergo will make a big difference and i am kinda glad he has had time to rest. Moeroa has to go, hopefully Evans comes back and i wouldn't be upset to see Jennings get a couple of weeks off to get his knee right too.

The most impressive part of the game was us lifting after letting the Knights dominate us for the first 10 minutes of the second half, yes they got extremely lucky with that "off-side" call but they lifted and scored after that and were getting good roll on. We then lifted and took the game back from them.......a second gear is something we don't usually have.

The downside to that though was that we looked gassed by the last 10 minutes and against the good teams, they don't do that and they will walk over us, like the Roosters game earlier in the year.

You could tell we had nothing in that last 10 but thankfully neither did the Knights and we looked like we knew that too hence why we were just playing completions and not trying anything fancy to put the game out of their reach.........

TheParraboy

Staff member
The worst part about this call is there was a kick around the half way line from the Knights where 2 of their players we about 3 metres in front of the kicker and tackled our player in a dominant tackle putting us on the blackfoot to start the set.......NOTHING!!!!!

So they manage to find us being off-side by possibly a millimetre (but looked ok on replay) but they miss 2 players, 3 metres in front of the kicker (in front of the touch judge too by the way) which should have been the easiest call of the night.

Both were at crucial times of the game when the game is in the balance and one team got the call and one team did not........

The incompetence from these clowns is frustrating. Shoulder charges that aren't shoulder charges, off-sides that aren't off sides and off-sides they are off-sides not called off-sides.

The problem is that they are also reactionary, a coupe of weeks ago Ponga does the same thing (only difference is that it was high as well) and they sin bin him (incorrectly, should have just been a penalty) so when he does it again they let it go because they f**ked up so royal last time.

They have a tough job no doubt and some of the rules cause the issues but simple things like off-sides should not be missed as consistently as they are. It goes for every team too, we have benefited as well so i am not saying we are always dudded, my problem is that the times they call it and the times they don't even care how off-side a player is baffles me. And my biggest pet peeve is the hand on the ball penalty, 1 in every 100 is called a penalty but they missed the last 99 and then they call it randomly, it drives me f**king crazy, especially when teams like Melbourne never have their hand off the ball!!!

Anyways, we won, i'm happy and we have won while looking like a bottom 4 team.......Fergo will make a big difference and i am kinda glad he has had time to rest. Moeroa has to go, hopefully Evans comes back and i wouldn't be upset to see Jennings get a couple of weeks off to get his knee right too.

The most impressive part of the game was us lifting after letting the Knights dominate us for the first 10 minutes of the second half, yes they got extremely lucky with that "off-side" call but they lifted and scored after that and were getting good roll on. We then lifted and took the game back from them.......a second gear is something we don't usually have.

The downside to that though was that we looked gassed by the last 10 minutes and against the good teams, they don't do that and they will walk over us, like the Roosters game earlier in the year.

You could tell we had nothing in that last 10 but thankfully neither did the Knights and we looked like we knew that too hence why we were just playing completions and not trying anything fancy to put the game out of their reach.........

agree, the way we didnt let them roll us in the 2nd half after they were rolling us after the first 8-10 min of that half was impressive

Kornstar

Coach
There was a tap Taka took from the and ran it up to the 30. There he fought in the tackle and the ref called held. He then allowed the knights to drive Taka back 20 m to the 20 where he played it. how is that not a penalty

I thought the one where he got the quick tap after he caught it on the full in the in-goal and not one Knights player ever retreated the 10 metres and still tackled him was pretty funny.

Why have the concept of a quick tap (in any circumstance) for advantage and then not bother penalising that advantage is beyond me.......again, it is not something that annoys me in terms of the Eels, it just bugs me in general cause you see it every weekend (no matter which game) and the referees rarely blow the penalty and then BAM! every 100 times they penalise one just to baffle the f**k out of every fan.......and they wonder why they cop so much shit on social media for being shit!

yy_cheng

Coach
Regarding the ruck

Did anyone else think the refs let boths sides "wrestle" or keep players on the ground a bit longer ?

line speed was quick and aggressive defence from both sides, and lack of actually footy, few tries from kicks, both sides looked clunky in attack
Yup. It's ok at bankwest coz the supporters won't call them out

amitropo

Juniors
you may have to host it some where then provide a link

what is actually in the audio ? do you have the person's permission to reproduce, or post it ?
It was a talk he gave to everyone in the corporate members lounge, explaining the science of player performance, rehab etc.
More than just training. If I quote him, why do I need to gain permission?

amitropo

Juniors
It was a talk he gave to everyone in the corporate members lounge, explaining the science of player performance, rehab etc.
I can PM it instead if I can find a way to provide link
I have a dropbox link if anyone interested.

Last edited:

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Because you were talking about putting up a recording. It's his/the club's IP. Did he even know you were recording? Im not having a go at you, just understand that it could possibly land LU in hot water with the club if you go posting stuff like that.

amitropo

Juniors
Because you were talking about putting up a recording. It's his/the club's IP. Did he even know you were recording? Im not having a go at you, just understand that it could possibly land LU in hot water with the club if you go posting stuff like that.
I understand, won’t share on here to keep it clean and legal. Will try take notes and post if bothered

hindy111

Post Whore
Poor oregon hasnt has the greatest of opportunities ... He is alot bigger than marata. I think we forget how big oregon is

Only 19.
Marata didnt debut till he was 21 I think. Kafusi to me looks a bit of the pace in NRL.

Gutho getting some flak for getting run down by Ponga.
I don’t think he’s carrying an injury, or was too tired or too slow for fullback.
He just isnt as fast as Ponga who is f**king fast.

Dylan Browns pass was a bit early to Gutho. He could’ve drawn him in a bit more. Saying that Gutho should have scored from there. For Ponga to turn around and chase him down, that’s what you call a freak

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I understand, won’t share on here to keep it clean and legal. Will try take notes and post if bothered
For what it's worth, it sounds like it was super interesting. That kind of insight is stuff that most of us plebs really dont have much idea about.

hindy111

Post Whore

Agree 100%

Latest posts