What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yes or No

Canceled Red V Membership

• Yes

Votes: 51 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 20.3%

• Total voters

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I want to cancel...believe me...but I don't want to be a band wagon fan that will jump back on when the team is playing well (plus I have a killer seat at Kogarah I don't want to give up).
I can understand this. To have a good season ticket at Kogarah simply means you still support the home ground and team. That said, I think finding a good seat next year won't be a problem.

I'm at Kogarah today. At the Royal and gearing up for pub grub. Don't expect a big turn out although it's good to see folks wearing red and white and making their way into the ground several hours before kick off.

What the Club doesn't understand is we want the team to succeed. When I hear tales about how we are not true supporters or no longer loyal, it just makes me think less of the lunatics in charge. It's like they want our support to be unconditional, such is their arrogance.

Go Saints.

thebigredv

First Grade
I can understand this. To have a good season ticket at Kogarah simply means you still support the home ground and team. That said, I think finding a good seat next year won't be a problem.

I'm at Kogarah today. At the Royal and gearing up for pub grub. Don't expect a big turn out although it's good to see folks wearing red and white and making their way into the ground several hours before kick off.

What the Club doesn't understand is we want the team to suceed. When I hear tales about how we are not true supporters or no longer loyal, it just makes me think less of the lunatics in charge. It's like they want our support to be unconditional, such is their arrogance.

Go Saints.

Personally, I don't understand why anyone would turn up to put their money and support behind this farce but respect everyone's right to freedom of choice. Then again, I am going to watch the game on tv and I really don't understand why I do that either.

Think it would get the message through if there was not a single bit of red and white out there today. Nothing is changing.

As I stated in another thread, I’ve been a 1 eyed dragon since 1975. As of a month ago, enough was enough. I cannot & will not support this shit sandwich any more, I pulled my red v membership this year, I cdid the same 3 years ago. However I crumbled & rejoined this year & will never forgive myself that I have contributed financially to this crap we find ourselves in. Before my first leave of absence I have been a red v member for 15+ years. I contacted the club voiced my concerns & asked them to cancel my membership immediately, which they did.

Out of curiosity who has also canceled their red v membership this year or in the preceding years to this current fiasco?
- I've never been a Red V member.

- Been a member of the Leagues Club for 19 years. Mainly to make it easier to get in. I found out I have voting rights about a decade ago, so will continue to be a member to keep those rights. Been to a few AGMs to kill my curiosity. Truly the strangest and most pathetic meetings I've ever attended. Our board are f**king drunks and f**king losers.

- Not been to a game at Kogarah for three years (longer for Wollongong).

- Go to a handful of away games at Saints Leagues (but none this year).

Losing interest in Saints more and more every day (this has increased exponentially since they re-signed Mary).

Watching today's game feels like a chore. It's not fun anymore. I feel like I'm wasting my time.

Haven't repurchased since last time he was re-signed

I swore I won't go to another game until his gone

Which is a shame as I want to take my mother to a game whilst she is still a little bit mobile

I might have to bite the bullet soon as I don't want to have the regret of not taking her to one

Likewise, but I ain't doing an 11 hour round trip with the old duck to watch the tripe that McIdiot & Co serve up.

jeffdragon

Bench

What the Club doesn't understand is we want the team to suceed. When I hear tales about how we are not true supporters or no longer loyal, it just makes me think less of the lunatics in charge. It's like they want our support to be unconditional, such is their arrogance.

Go Saints.
They might get pissed before the game.
So they will be under the illusion we won and wake up tomorrow to find it was a loss.

This Year?

Immortal
Make it a drinking game to make it more fun. Everytime points are scored take a mouthful. By full time you might get through 1 glass.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
YES mary needs to be in toronto NO we wont get a new coach until we remove all the other dead wood in administration ...........

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Normally would be looking forward to seeing the boys go round especially when they are playing at the Gold Coast or in Brisbane as I dont get to see to many games played in Sydney these days.....but untill McGregor is long gone wont waste my time or money....as for the Titans game up here soon wouldnt watch it even if it was as close as my letterbox.....

Dragon David

First Grade
Wow! What a year we have had - mainly very bad - so disappointing. I have the same feeling as Knuckle-dragger has put it and have lost a lot of interest in the NRL as a whole as a result. I cannot see much change occurring for next year.

Our recruitment in general has been poor in terms of quality. There is nobody standing out in our team. We thought that with Dufty, Hunt and Norman and with McInnes in the team, we would be close to being in the top 6 at least. However, without DeBellin our forwards have just not been strong enough to compete against other teams and therefore our spine not able to dominate.

Oh well, roll on the cricket tests and hope we win at Lords and then Headingly to take the series.

Good luck Dragons for today. Win, lose or draw the interest will continue to fade for this year.

Cheers guys for letting me say my piece.

The people who have renewed are downright losers. They have no respect for themselves or the club. That's all I have to say.

Straight Shooter

Dragons 09

Juniors
The people who have renewed are downright losers. They have no respect for themselves or the club. That's all I have to say.

Straight Shooter

I love your passion mate, share similar views and no way is the club getting any of my money until major changes occur. But you couldn't be more off with that comment......way out of line! That's all i have to say.

_Johnsy

Referee

Straight Shooter
Their decision for them. You do you & allow them to do them. judgemental name calling speaks volumes about your character. Based off your quoted comments, the forum would be better off without you.

Dragonsamy

Bench

Straight Shooter

You have no right to say people are losers because they go or don't go to the games.
It a free country last time I checked.
People will make up there mind for there own reasons. Not because you tell them there losers.