What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R21 Sun - Raiders 18-22 Roosters @ GIO

Round 21: Raiders v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nick87

Coach
Raiders fans: "REFS WERE AGAINST US."
Roosters fans: "REFS WERE AGAINST US."

Neutrals are just sitting back and saying that's the exact kind of square up, find penalties to keep the count nice and even shit that happens every single game...

9-8 for the record. Lovely and square
I thought the refs did a pretty good job, both teams were niggly and slowing it down, both teams looked very fast off the defensive line... all good as far as im concerned

The roosters are a really good team, we'll need to play our best to beat them and today we were 10-15% off our best. That's footy

Cockosh

Juniors
Does Wighton always ask for high shot penalties whenever he gets tackled? Might keep an eye on future games.
Good win chooks. Adversity.
Good game raiders. Will go deep into the semis.

mongoose

Coach
Too many dumb errors in that second half. Thought our defence was pretty good though keeping them to 1 try in the 2nd half. The roosters wrestling is as bad as any team in the comp.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
yeah the only thing that annoyed me was bateman getting robbed of a fast play the ball with the HIA but what can you do.

We need to stop being such f**king morons though. I love the guy but what about Whitehead looking to rumble with 40 seconds left. His head is filled with air

Bazal

Post Whore
yeah the only thing that annoyed me was bateman getting robbed of a fast play the ball with the HIA but what can you do.

We need to stop being such f**king morons though. I love the guy but what about Whitehead looking to rumble with 40 seconds left. His head is filled with air

Elliot "Lays" Whitehead

skeepe

Immortal
Does Wighton always ask for high shot penalties whenever he gets tackled? Might keep an eye on future games.
Good win chooks. Adversity.
Good game raiders. Will go deep into the semis.

Only when he gets hit in the head. Like today.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Canberra are a decent side but I think they rely too much on strips and scoring off the back of penalties to beat the best sides. Low penalty counts won’t play into their hands in the finals.

BadnMean

Juniors
Our wingers and centres sucked. Particularly Raps. SOS Joey.
Outplayed by Tupou and Latrine. Oof

Rapana is busted now. In the Mansour category. Simonson is a solid FG winger, mid level. No more. Cotric was rusty- missed a heap of footy this year.

skeepe

Immortal
I thought the refs did a pretty good job, both teams were niggly and slowing it down, both teams looked very fast off the defensive line... all good as far as im concerned

The roosters are a really good team, we'll need to play our best to beat them and today we were 10-15% off our best. That's footy
Completely agree. Great game, just not good enough.

Danish

Referee
High quality game of footy, I thought.

Raiders pushes us the whole way, and if not for a couple bad individual decisions they probably win.

On the strip thing, it came back to but then in the dying minutes. They pinned us on our line with kicks 2-3 times in a row... but then conceded an easy 50+m each set because they were too busy trying to strip the ball instead of muscling up. Gave up easy territory and winded up having to start their last few sets inside their own 20.

nick87

Coach

haha yeah that was insane

We spent like 20 minutes in the middle of that second half playing for penalties, that was 2018 Raiders and in that time we did a sweat f**k all.
When we just got on with it played footy, we looked on their level
Hopefully a good learning opportunity, the roosters are the benchmark and you've got to play at a very high level to beat them.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
High quality game of footy, I thought.

Raiders pushes us the whole way, and if not for a couple bad individual decisions they probably win.

On the strip thing, it came back to but then in the dying minutes. They pinned us on our line with kicks 2-3 times in a row... but then conceded an easy 50+m each set because they were too busy trying to strip the ball instead of muscling up. Gave up easy territory and winded up having to start their last few sets inside their own 20.

Yes, another example of a lack of I guess you would call game awareness from us. Those were some mighty runs by the Roosters but we made it so much easier going for the hero play.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
My mate rings me with 2mins to go, what a merkin,

Cracking game of footy from both sides, bring on the finals.

mongoose

Coach

yeah unbelievable dumb, 1 minutes left and he's wasting time trying to start some shit with Cronk. This kind of shit happens too much with this team, thankfully it hasn't cost us this year.