What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R21 Sun - Raiders 18-22 Roosters @ GIO

Round 21: Raiders v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nick87

Coach
On the strip thing, it came back to but then in the dying minutes. They pinned us on our line with kicks 2-3 times in a row... but then conceded an easy 50+m each set because they were too busy trying to strip the ball instead of muscling up. Gave up easy territory and winded up having to start their last few sets inside their own 20.

That's part of the risk/reward, if you secure the footy, you can march the defender for bulk metres after contact. Which is why i dont see what the fuss is about, good teams will figure it out

Pete Cash

Post Whore
That's part of the risk/reward, if you secure the footy, you can march the defender for bulk metres after contact. Which is why i dont see what the fuss is about, good teams will figure it out

Exactly and for teams like us that are good at the strip teams can sort of prepare for us going for the hero play in that situation, wrap the ball up nice and tight and just have some big hard runs.

We need to pick the moments better.

We aren't that far off the roosters but they are way smarter than we are

Pete Cash

Post Whore
yeah unbelievable dumb, 1 minutes left and he's wasting time trying to start some shit with Cronk. This kind of shit happens too much with this team, thankfully it hasn't cost us this year.

We have some good milkmen in the team but there needs to be a no milking in the opposition 20 rule or something

Danish

Referee

True enough.

Tbh none of the strips I saw today I had any issue with (well... bar Croker on Manu that was called a knock on for some reason). The raiders tend to do them quite cleanly when they come off.

Problem is there are too many touch and go ones where defenders haven’t really dropped off, or the ball is worked by multiple people only for 1 to strip it at the last moment. It’s very messy and will become close to impossible to adjudicate

nick87

Coach
We aren't that far off the roosters but they are way smarter than we are

the differene was Keary and Cronk with their 6th tackle options and some freaky stuff from Teddy. Not much to be done about that other than to know we have to lift our game

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

gerg

Juniors
Good game by both sides. Raiders kicking game wasn't good enough and need to work on a few more offloads to counter the wrestling in the ruck. Same test next week. No coincidence that the two best wrestling sides are the two best teams.

The Raiders will be formidable next season.

This back line is going to dominate.

1. Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Simonsson
3. Leilua
4. Cotric
5. Rapana
6. Fighton
7. Williams

RWB

Bench
That's not a bad win for us considering we were missing half our starting pack and were forced to shuffle our starting lock to hooker half way through the game.

For the Raiders it is the opportunity they really needed to take, that makes them 0 wins and 5 losses against top 5 opposition so far this season.

You've got to admire the Raiders consistency this year and their willingness to compete but I think they lack creativity in their spine. A lot of pressure on Hodgson as the main creator.

adamkungl

Immortal
Hahaha are you kidding me. Refs let you slow down the f**k all game, called stoppages whenever we got a roll on and broke out bullshit penalties for your merkin mob. As if you didn't get the rub of the green.

Hodgson cheats just as much as Cam Smith
But half as effectively
and whinges to the ref twice as much

Unlucky today tiger!