What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

unforgiven

Bench
It is closer to SFS than Penrith. So we don’t need a new SFS or ANZ?
Let’s just ignore everybody west of Parramatta!
There is a free motorway direct from Penrith to Parramatta, again there are 2 reasons that Penrith wont get an upgrade.

1. The ground is not owned by the state government.

2. The ground has 1 tenant.

It really is that simple.

forby

Juniors
I give up! It is hard to argue with those that believe that there isn’t anything west of parramatta, or that if there is they don’t deserve having their equal share spent there!
You win!
Let’s keep rebuilding Parramatta and the SFS and make everybody play there.
Sounds good!

unforgiven

Bench
I give up! It is hard to argue with those that believe that there isn’t anything west of parramatta, or that if there is they don’t deserve having their equal share spent there!
You win!
Sounds good!
I live in Penrith! There is no reason to spend 100's of millions on Penrith stadium!

Pommy

Coach
You win!
Sounds good!

Nobody he said there’s nothing west of Paramatta, why make that up?

Timbo

Staff member
You win!
Sounds good!

Jesus Christ. Are you housebound? If so, I’m deeply sorry. If not, grow the f**k up.

Perth Red

Post Whore
There is a free motorway direct from Penrith to Parramatta, again there are 2 reasons that Penrith wont get an upgrade.

1. The ground is not owned by the state government.

2. The ground has 1 tenant.

It really is that simple.

On point 1 that is easily overcome by the state Govt getting a long term tenancy of the ground. That’s what happened in Perth so state Govt could upgrade hbf.

https://www.mediastatements.wa.gov....nt-announce-rectangular-stadium-kick-off.aspx

Billythekid

First Grade
If you want a ground to get upgraded you need to start selling it out especially. If Penrith stadium was sold out on a week to week basis and they could make it clear there was a huge demand something might get done.

As is there is only one team playing out of the stadium and if they more than 60% fill the ground it’s a notable crowd. Why would anyone government be keen to spend money there?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Except there is no desire to do so because it is home to one team.

That doesn’t have to be a show stopper. If the rectangular sports bodies got together to deliver an attractive range of events to be staged there it would help. Govt’s fund all sorts of stuff with much less patronage.

Other option would be to incorporate some development into the rebuild. Maybe the panthers could have looked at building the CofE as part of a new main stand?

Western_Eel

Juniors
There's no justification to upgrade panthers stadium is there? it's barely ever sold out, viewing is good and the facilities are good, maybe upgrade the corporate facilities and change rooms but that's about it.

Timbo

Staff member
There's no justification to upgrade panthers stadium is there? it's barely ever sold out, viewing is good and the facilities are good, maybe upgrade the corporate facilities and change rooms but that's about it.

None whatsover. It's perfectly fit for purpose as a club ground.

None whatsover. It's perfectly fit for purpose as a club ground.

Nah. The eastern stand is 35 years old and has a terrible rake, it will need upgrading in the next 10 years.

There’s a middle ground here between Penrith needing a brand spanking 25k seat stadium & no upgrades whatsoever. Federal funding has come to the stadium before, I’m confident we’ll get funds again.

If you want a ground to get upgraded you need to start selling it out especially. If Penrith stadium was sold out on a week to week basis and they could make it clear there was a huge demand something might get done.

As is there is only one team playing out of the stadium and if they more than 60% fill the ground it’s a notable crowd. Why would anyone government be keen to spend money there?

Did you say the same for other stadiums that have or are being upgraded? None of them sold out.

Why would any govt be keen to spend money? Like they did in 2006? Because it’s in a swing seat both state and federally.