What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R22 Sun - Roosters 42-6 Warriors @ SCG

Round 22: Roosters v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 22
Sydney Roosters v Warriors
Sydney Cricket Ground, Moore Park (TICKETS)
Sunday 18 August 2019

Gates 12pm / NRL Touch Women's GF 12:03pm / NRL Touch Men's GF 12:43pm / NRL 2pm

TL-SYD19.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Latrell Mitchell 4. Joseph Manu 5. Brett Morris 6. Luke Keary 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Sam Verrills 10. Isaac Liu 11. Angus Crichton 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Victor Radley
Interchange: 14. Nat Butcher 15. Zane Tetevano 16. Poasa Faamausili 17. Sitili Tupouniua 18. Lindsay Collins 19. Billy Smith 20. Lachlan Lam 21. Boyd Cordner

TL-WAR20.png

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 2. Adam Pompey 3. Peta Hiku 4. Gerard Beale 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Chanel Harris-Tavita 7. Blake Green 8. Agnatius Paasi 9. Jazz Tevaga 10. Leeson Ah Mau 11. Adam Blair 12. Isaiah Papalii 13. Lachlan Burr
Interchange: 14. Adam Keighran 15. Sam Lisone 16. Bunty Afoa 17. Ligi Sao 18. Kodi Nikorima 20. Blake Ayshford 21. Leivaha Pulu 22. Hayze Perham

xoKyYW1.png

Referees: Matt Cecchin, David Munro
Sideline Officials: Adam Cassidy, Michael Wise
Video Referees: Ashley Klein, Ben Galea

Feeder club info
Roosters: North Sydney Bears (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup), Sydney Roosters (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Warriors: Warriors (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup, Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Match information for all competitions via https://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​​​​​

Last edited by a moderator:

Valheru

Coach
Look for the upset here.

Roosters were up for the Canberra game and in their minds would have proven a point. This is the exact point of the year Robbo ramps up the training for the assault on September and 1 or 2 'shock' losses always occur. Add to that the warriors have a good record against us in Sydney and have a lot more to play for.

Warriors by 4

This Year?

Immortal
After seeing the caption time thread I don't know how I will ever see a bandage without thinking of a kranski the same way again. Maybe it happened because of all the butthurt the Roosters have been causing since 2013. Now it's Warriors turn to feel it. Expecting the 50 point thread to get a bump.

Last edited:

Cogburn

Juniors
Look for the upset here.

Roosters were up for the Canberra game and in their minds would have proven a point. This is the exact point of the year Robbo ramps up the training for the assault on September and 1 or 2 'shock' losses always occur. Add to that the warriors have a good record against us in Sydney and have a lot more to play for.

Warriors by 4
If we can't beat NZ at the SCG then we won't be winning any premierships.

Cogburn

Juniors
It amazes me how few roosters fans realise what Robbo's MO is

In 2013 we lost to the f**king Titans at the SFS in the run to the finals.
This comp ladder is much closer, we can't afford any more losses, I reckon we go undefeated from here. We had our loss against the cowboys.

yobbo84

First Grade
It's hard to be neutral as a Rabbitohs fan when the Roosters are involved, but even I have to admit the thought of Tedesco vs RTS is mouth watering. Should be a ripper.

Valheru

Coach
This comp ladder is much closer, we can't afford any more losses, I reckon we go undefeated from here. We had our loss against the cowboys.

Disagree

Last weekend was massive for us given that we won and Canberra, Manly and Souths all lost.

The reality is we could lose 2 out of the 4 remaining games and finish int he top 4, possibly even top 2. Three wins would seal a top 2 finish.

Canberra and Manly play each other as well as the storm in the final 4 weeks and souths look busted to be honest.

Robbo would know this. We might win this game but don't be shocked if we lose and/or the performance looks tired.

Cogburn

Juniors
Disagree

Last weekend was massive for us given that we won and Canberra, Manly and Souths all lost.

The reality is we could lose 2 out of the 4 remaining games and finish int he top 4, possibly even top 2. Three wins would seal a top 2 finish.

Canberra and Manly play each other as well as the storm in the final 4 weeks and souths look busted to be honest.

Robbo would know this. We might win this game but don't be shocked if we lose and/or the performance looks tired.
I'll be shocked if we lose this, I'll be shocked if it's close. I reckon we win this by 20+.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Disagree

Cogburn probably thought we were toast after those "crucial" (lol) back to back losses to Canberra and Brisbane in rnds 23 & 24 last year.

Where as we were quietly happy to have those re-set losses just like 2013, and very much unlike 2014 & 2015.

We may not lose this week, but I won't be upset if lose one soon vs the Dragons or Panthers either.

Valheru

Coach
Cogburn probably thought we were toast after those "crucial" (lol) back to back losses to Canberra and Brisbane in rnds 23 & 24 last year.

Where as we were quietly happy to have those re-set losses just like 2013, and very much unlike 2014 & 2015.

We may not lose this week, but I won't be upset if lose one soon vs the Dragons or Panthers either.

Very much my thoughts although we might find it hard to lose to the dragons no matter how hard we try

Cogburn

Juniors

I get annoyed whenever we lose, one thing I'll never do is tip my side to lose, something that you blokes seem to do quite often. Easts to win.

Apey

Staff member
So it's a coaching strategy to lose to plodders in the lead up to the finals. Teams like the Tigers must have excellent coaching for the last decade.

Valheru

Coach
So it's a coaching strategy to lose to plodders in the lead up to the finals. Teams like the Tigers must have excellent coaching for the last decade.

No, the strategy isn't to lose.

The strategy is to ramp up the training at this time of year to have the team primed for September. A natural effect of that is a couple of 'tired' performances. That's not to say they will lose or are trying to lose.

Look at the last 10 years and you will see a trend of the premiership winning team having a dip in form in the last 5 rounds. Storm 2017 are the only ones I can think of that buck that trend.

TheFrog

Coach
Roosters lose this they are in some danger of travelling to Canberra for a week 1 final, which isn't in the Robbo game plan I don't expect.