What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R22 Sat - Storm 18-22 Raiders @ AAMI

Round 22: Storm v Raiders

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 22
Melbourne Storm v Canberra Raiders
AAMI Park, Melbourne (TICKETS)
Saturday 17 August 2019

Gates 4:30pm / NRL 5:30pm

TL-MEL20.png

1. Jahrome Hughes 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Will Chambers 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Brodie Croft 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Tui Kamikamica 15. Tino Faasuamaleaui 16. Joe Stimson 17. Ryan Papenhuyzen 18. Max King 19. Tom Eisenhuth 20. Sandor Earl 21. Billy Walters

TL-CAN19.png

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Nick Cotric 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Jack Wighton 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Josh Papalii 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Iosia Soliola 11. John Bateman 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Joseph Tapine
Interchange: 14. Bailey Simonsson 15. Dunamis Lui 16. Corey Horsburgh 17. Ryan Sutton 18. Sam Williams 19. Hudson Young 20. Siliva Havili 21. Emre Guler

xoKyYW1.png

Referees: Ben Cummins, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Sideline Officials: Kasey Badger, Nick Beashel
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Ben Galea

Feeder club info
Storm: Easts Tigers, Sunshine Coast Falcons (QRL: Intrust Super Cup, Hastings Deering Colts U20s), Victoria Thunderbolts (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Raiders: Mounties (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup); Canberra Raiders (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Match information for all competitions via https://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​​​​​

Last edited by a moderator:

Meapro Ham

Juniors
If Raiders lose this they’ll be 0-5 against Melb/Roosters/Souths. Beating up teams below them but yet to prove they can match it with the main contenders.

Melbourne by 8.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
I'm hopeful. We can match it with the top teams, just need to find that last bit to get us over the line.

If we lose this we probably have to win our last 3 to keep a top 4 spot. Dropping those games to eels and manly after having good leads has really come back to bite.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Canberra are going to be a threatening side over the next few seasons, but 2019 is a 2 team competition, and they're 4th in the pecking order. Bellyache won't cop losses to fellow top 4 sides this late in the year.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Will be interesting. We had a pretty easy run leading up to last week and I think the Roosters game will have us in good stead for this game. Can't see us winning but I think it will be a good contest.

This Year?

Immortal
I would love to watch the clappers beat the cowbells. It would make my weekend. Unfortunately the footy gods don't give a shit about my weekend, so Storm will win this in a frustratingly slow and predictable way like they always do.

moffla

Bench
I was another finals intensity type of game. Last year leading into finals our downfall was not matching other teams energy and we had a bad run. I think this is what partly cost us in the Grand Final.

I'm happy we have a desperate Canberra and Manly still to come, will kinda be able to see where things stand going into September.

mongoose

Coach
If Raiders lose this they’ll be 0-5 against Melb/Roosters/Souths. Beating up teams below them but yet to prove they can match it with the main contenders.

Melbourne by 8.

We smashed the Storm and Sharks in consecutive weeks leading into the 2016 finals, then lost to them both in the finals. Yet I believe this Raiders team is probably better than that one. Maybe it really was a soft comp that year?

GongPanther

Referee
Raiders didn't quite seem like themselves V the Roosters last week. I expected a more controlled and dominating performance being at home in front of a packed home crowd.

But for some reason, the Raiders seemed to be playing conservatively against a side which I thought they would have put the sword to, or maybe they had too much on their minds about the bigger fish that is awaiting them this weekend in the Storm.

Sure most of us were thinking before last weeks game against the Easts side how far that game would go in as far as judging where they stood in the pecking order.

Or maybe the bigger fish they can hook later on would be more beneficial...for later use. Sure this is all psychological hyperbole, but this is nearing the pointy end of the competition proper. And this is not the first time this scenario has played out.

For me, Sticky is going to have his troops really ready for this. This will be the game that will mark the Raiders not only a realistic chance for this years grand final win, but a team that will be herald in as a top 4 side for at least the next 5 years.

Raiders by 10.

Last edited:

AJB1102

First Grade
Should be a cracker. Grubby Stormers and niggly mongrel Poms. Looking good for a boil over until the ref starts penalising for it getting too rough.

bileduct

Coach
I assume Sezer will be taking over goal kicking duties today after Croker became a permanent fixture of the GIO Stadium turf last weekend...

Apey

Staff member
I've tipped Raiders in this one. I definitely think they have the team to beat the Storm and feel like Storm are due another loss.

SBD82

Coach
Leilua back is huge for the Raiders in my opinion.

With so much of their attack based around Hodgson, teams can focus their defence to the middle. BJ creates a lot of X factor for the raiders and uncertainty for the defensive line.

Having said that, BJ is just as likely to completely f**k up the game for them.

Latest posts