What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the least deserving Immortal?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Johns, absolutely. In too early, too much baggage and wouldn't have been half the footy player he was without his brothers footy smarts.

Springs09

Juniors
Meninga by a fair bit.

Johns was inducted too early but absolutely deserves his spot. Dominated every level and was the clear best player in the game for nearly 15 years.

Lockyer never deserves to get in.

King hit

Coach
Norm provan and Meninga for me. The other 10 were the best of their time but Provan and Meninga weren’t and nobody believes they were the best players on any team they were in.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I would not have Mal as an immortal, Gene Miles was a better player.

I would not have Andrew Johns as an immortal. Consistently picked at hooker in reps

Lebbo73

Bench
Johns for sure.
Andrew Johns is the obvious choice. Anyone who has to take drugs to deal with the pressure is a drug cheat. Pure and simple. It is a disgrace that he’s an immortal and it diminishes the status of the other immortals.

Canard

Immortal
I would not have Mal as an immortal, Gene Miles was a better player.

I would not have Andrew Johns as an immortal. Consistently picked at hooker in reps

Kudos to you, this is the best joke post I've seen on LU in quite some time.

King hit

Coach
Kudos to you, this is the best joke post I've seen on LU in quite some time.

Whether Miles was better then Meninga is debatable he isn’t wrong about Meninga being immortal worthy.

Was he ever the best player on any team he played in? Whenever I talk to people about the 80’s they bring up Wally Lewis on the spot every time. Even in club land people say Daley, Stuart and Clyde were ahead of him in that team and in the Brisbane league there were some great players in the Magpies team that are highly rated.

Imo the immortals should be the very best players of that era which the majority agree on. I don’t meet anybody who believes Meninga to be above Lewis. Personally I even think that Sterling or Kenny would be the second best if choosing someone to be behind Lewis for that time. Champion players who’s feats still haven’t been repeated.

Latest posts