What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

forby

Juniors
My condolences. Didn’t Campbelltown get an upgrade some time ago?
I think West’s Tigers should concentrate on Campbelltown and make it their area.
But that’s a different topic.
I am not arguing on upgrades anymore as I know my view is not Sydneycentric and as such doesn’t count! I was just warning Herbert that he couldn’t win!

unforgiven

Bench
My condolences. Didn’t Campbelltown get an upgrade some time ago?
I think West’s Tigers should concentrate on Campbelltown and make it their area.
But that’s a different topic.
I am not arguing on upgrades anymore as I know my view is not Sydneycentric and as such doesn’t count! I was just warning Herbert that he couldn’t win!
The last major upgrade was the building of the Eastern Stand in 1997, it had a minor upgrade in the 2000's with seating put in at both ends.

A permanent move to Campbelltown is unlikely as Wests Campbelltown gave up its ownership in the club, the club is now 75% owned by Wests Ashfield so it is unlikely they will move them that far from their base!

unforgiven

Bench
Ok, but you said this :point_down:

That’s not true.
Yeah I did forget the minor upgrade in 2009, can't really compare it to the $30m upgrade Penrith Park had 3 years earlier. Penrith Park has also had minor upgrades since then, the point is I am not arguing for upgrades to Campbelltown or Leichhardt as I do not believe that is the way forward.

Yeah I did forget the minor upgrade in 2009, can't really compare it to the $30m upgrade Penrith Park had 3 years earlier. Penrith Park has also had minor upgrades since then, the point is I am not arguing for upgrades to Campbelltown or Leichhardt as I do not believe that is the way forward.

But the clubs aren’t exactly in the same position. You guys have a transient existence, Panthers play 11 of 12 home games at Penrith.

Now obviously that’s not enough to get an entire new stadium at Penrith, but I don’t think staged upgrades are out of the question. Luckily our team is in swing seats, gaining money for future upgrades still has a good chance.

Perth Red

Post Whore
There's no justification to upgrade panthers stadium is there? it's barely ever sold out, viewing is good and the facilities are good, maybe upgrade the corporate facilities and change rooms but that's about it.

That’s like saying why upgrade Townsville or parra as neither sold out. Ideally panthers (and all clubs currently playing in small grounds) would be playing out of 22-25k with 80% undercover seating and modern corporate suits.

BlueandGold

Juniors
That’s like saying why upgrade Townsville or parra as neither sold out. Ideally panthers (and all clubs currently playing in small grounds) would be playing out of 22-25k with 80% undercover seating and modern corporate suits.

What a crock of shit.

The year the talks started on Parra there was 3 games for the eels that sold out all tickets.

WSW that year where on fire and sold out 7 games.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I’ve just checked on Google Maps - I live 25kms from Hunter Stadium.

Please give me $500 million dollars as I don’t think I should have to go that far and I pay taxes.

Me too please - I live 35km from Suncorp Stadium and 52km from Robina Stadium. I pay taxes and would like a stadium

forby

Juniors
What a load of BS!
You really know how to twist things to suit yourselves don’t you!
It is hard to debate with those who have what they want and don’t give a stuff about anybody else!
I really shouldn’t let you get to me but you really have no idea about Penrith and the real outer Sydney!
I bet most of you would never have visited the region let alone Panthers Stadium.

Timbo

Staff member
What a load of BS!
You really know how to twist things to suit yourselves don’t you!
It is hard to debate with those who have what they want and don’t give a stuff about anybody else!
I really shouldn’t let you get to me but you really have no idea about Penrith and the real outer Sydney!
I bet most of you would never have visited the region let alone Panthers Stadium.

I studied at, and later taught at, WSU Kingswood for six years.

Nice try though.

unforgiven

Bench
I studied at, and later taught at, WSU Kingswood for six years.

Nice try though.
I did too, funnily enough I still live in Kingswood now. Still don't think Penrith Stadium should have a new stadium, I would support improvements to the Eastern Stand though.