What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Front-Rower

First Grade
I can imagine but what was being posted?

Personal, racial abuse of the individual is never called for, regardless of who they are.

If it’s just a dig about their performance, as in Momo’s case referred to in the article (again not sure what was said but if it’s like “you’re a s**t kicker” etc), players need to grow a thick skin.

TheDMC

Bench
"Goes missing in big games"

- Yet was outstanding with limited opportunities in Origin and made Chambers his bitch.
- Yet scored 3 trys against Aitken (also making him his bitch) who was meant to be competing against him for an Origin centre spot.

-Yet got owned by his less jizzed over centre partner Joey Manu in the Kiwis v Kangaroos test.

Zadar

Juniors
Latrell obviously isn’t everyone’s cup of tea in the game, but if you meet 90% of players outside the game, there are some really good blokes out there. As was said “it is only a game”

There was actually a nice moment by latrell in the titans game, where Mick Gordon got tackled over the sideline attempting a try, and latrell gave him a little cuddle on the ground, suttle and quick, but showed a lot of respect to an old teammate.

Usain Bolt

Bench
All those NRL sledging groups on Facebook are full of these ferals, half the people on there have multiple or fake accounts because their original accounts are banned by Facebook for comments like this as well as homophobic comments

moffla

Bench
Latrell obviously isn’t everyone’s cup of tea in the game, but if you meet 90% of players outside the game, there are some really good blokes out there. As was said “it is only a game”

There was actually a nice moment by latrell in the titans game, where Mick Gordon got tackled over the sideline attempting a try, and latrell gave him a little cuddle on the ground, suttle and quick, but showed a lot of respect to an old teammate.
Gotta say he striked me as a bit of a merkin, but after meeting him in a pub in Adelaide where storm and Roosters players were after the game, I’ve got nothing but respect.

Was more than happy to have a chat. As you say, most of them are

Zadar

Juniors
Gotta say he striked me as a bit of a merkin, but after meeting him in a pub in Adelaide where storm and Roosters players were after the game, I’ve got nothing but respect.

Was more than happy to have a chat. As you say, most of them are

Somebody told me the same thing about cam smith in Adelaide, ran into him on the street with his kids, and smith spent about 15min answering the kids questions and asking them stuff.

We all love to hate certain players, or teams, but gee it would be a boring comp if you didn’t love to hate anybody, you might have a nice clean game with a comp filled with Fitzgibbons, Menzies, crokers and Michael Gordon’s, and you need them, but it wouldn’t be nowhere near as entertaining to watch Gorden v Croker as it is latrell v chambers.

BadnMean

Juniors
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/12/nrl-launch-investigation-into-racial-abuse-of-latrell-mitchell/

Regardless of what you think of Latrell, this is disgraceful.

The comments on social media justifying this blatant racism are just as bad. I might cop some heat on here for this but I think it's up to us to call it out. This isn't on.

If possible they should be traced & punished by law or NRL bans or whatever can be done.

No place for it. Surely the e-trail could be traced if there was a will & $$$. And I honestly think it should be. The internet should not be lawless. If you break the law you lose your right to anonymity.

BadnMean

Juniors
One thing you can at least give league & its fans some credit for is we wouldn't racially boo a legend out of the game live, in person & firkin cheer for it, Adam Goodes style. If the NRL become leaders in stamping it out online too, I'm all for it. Over to you Todd G