What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Mostly good set of results
Seth beating Brock was good. I don't have time for Brock anymore.
Kofi over Randy, another good result.
Goldberg and Bray were always going to win their matches.

Might try find a video of the Trish/Charlotte match

Summerslam was a fantastic show imo. The matches for the most part were fantastic and the other key components were also great (Wyatt presentation). Definitely one of the better PPVs in the past 4-5 years.

mackdadday

Juniors
I'd love to see the OC (stupid name) add nakamura, balor and Io Sharai. It's been so long since we have had a big stable in wwe. Seems like it's always trios.

I'd love to see the OC (stupid name) add nakamura, balor and Io Sharai. It's been so long since we have had a big stable in wwe. Seems like it's always trios.

Balor is taking extensive time off, but I agree, throw another 2-3 in there and really build it up. Even if it is only a short term thing (6-12 months) it would be awesome to see. Vince is known to hate stables but surely Heyman can make it entertaining.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I'd book The Fiend as strong as Bray SHOULD have been booked.
Target Finn, demolish Finn

Finn takes time off

comes back as a Fiend, carries a head lamp akin to Fiends entrance

During Finns time off, Wyatt also goes through some of the roster, causing them to become 'fiends' as well. I'm thinking Black, I'm thinking a tag team, War Raiders perhaps.

Stable of Wyatt, Raiders, Black and Balor cause havoc for many months.
Over the time Finn develops, almost a weird twitch like behavior, holds his head etc
Wyatt ends up with a Universal title shot, which Finn is at ring side, who costs Wyatt the match (attcking Wyatt). Demon Finn returns on Raw, fiend Finn is gone.

1 v 1 match at next PPV which again gets interrupted, this time by the rest of the fiend...but who comes to save Finn? The OC.

Then we have a The Fiends Vs The OC feud... brilliant!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm convinced that Vince has always been a complete moron and lucked into his big angles.

The Invasion, Matt vs Edge, CM Punk pipebomb era, Becky Lynch, keeping Cena and Reigns face etc.

All absolute gimmes and he f**ked them all up.
Vince made a hash of the Invasion. He could've stretched that fued out over a longer time.

Could've even had Smackdown for WCW and Raw for WWE, but allow performers to appear on each other show as they pleased.

Big Pete

Referee
The problem was TNN and UPN paid for WWF Raw and WWF SmackDown, they didn't want either brand repackaged and they didn't want to add another wrestling show to their networks either. 'm sure if Vince wanted to, he could have got the deal done with somebody, but clearly he didn't want to deal with the headache so he just threw them altogether.

Personally, I think it would have been impossible to book those shows right. There's plenty of great fan fictions out there, but dealing with the egos, the injuries, the pressure of delivering those Attitude Era hot-shot Raws something would have give.

Valheru

Coach
The invasion angle was destined to fail for a number of reasons, one being the fact that most of the big name WCW workers were unavailable due to guaranteed contracts with time warner which Vince didn't want to pick up.

Hogan
Nash
Hall
Sting
Goldberg
Mysterio
and the list goes on

Add to that other recognisable workers from WCW had already jumped ship like:

Eddie
Benoit
Giant
Jericho
Malenko
Saturn
etc.

And you are left with a 'WCW' roster that hardly resembles what the Monday night wars were all about. The only quintessential WCW name they had was DDP and to a lesser extent, Booker T

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
The invasion angle was destined to fail for a number of reasons, one being the fact that most of the big name WCW workers were unavailable due to guaranteed contracts with time warner which Vince didn't want to pick up.

Hogan
Nash
Hall
Sting
Goldberg
Mysterio
and the list goes on

Add to that other recognisable workers from WCW had already jumped ship like:

Eddie
Benoit
Giant
Jericho
Malenko
Saturn
etc.

And you are left with a 'WCW' roster that hardly resembles what the Monday night wars were all about. The only quintessential WCW name they had was DDP and to a lesser extent, Booker T

The only obvious answer would be to have the already in WWF guys (the second list) turn on WWE and join team WCW/Alliance but that doesn't really make much sense

Valheru

Coach
The only obvious answer would be to have the already in WWF guys (the second list) turn on WWE and join team WCW/Alliance but that doesn't really make much sense

Yeah true but the issue there is malenko and Saturn were done by July 2001.

Eddie was fired and off the rails

Benoit missed the whole angle due to neck surgery.

The whole thing was just a mess and should never have been attempted unless they had the first list.

Another name I forgot to mention, ric flair. Again, he came in after the angle.

Special K

Coach
Im still pissed that Raven never got used to his full potential. I watched the birth of the flock on youtube and he was so damn good.
Two best Raven stories

- Eric saying if you don’t like it you can leave to everyone in a meeting and Raven got up and left

- Raven turning up in 2000 for his WWF debut and Vince walked past then said “who the f**k hired Raven?!”

I loved Raven but he could have never worked at the top level for a number of reasons. An IC title/flock run would have been cool.

mackdadday

Juniors
Thought the first NXT on regular tv was a good effort. Not sure they can keep up these Takeover level matches over a long period though. Two weeks until they face off with AEW and looks like they have booked both a mens and womens world title match for the first episode head to head.

Thought the first NXT on regular tv was a good effort. Not sure they can keep up these Takeover level matches over a long period though. Two weeks until they face off with AEW and looks like they have booked both a mens and womens world title match for the first episode head to head.

If NXT outrates AEW in week one I’ll be genuinely shocked. NXT could load the card bigger than a wrestlemania and I still think aew draws bigger

Wonder who aew have up their sleeves. Would bet on them pulling a Lex Luger style debut

NXT has the WWE vehicle behind it, which will help it draw a crowd since they can tap into the casual fan immediately. AEW will need to hit the ground running, but if they pull some of the BS booking they have from some of their PPV's things could die off early.

mackdadday

Juniors
Wonder who aew have up their sleeves. Would bet on them pulling a Lex Luger style debut

Who's available though? The only person that comes to mind is CM Punk. In his recent interviews he has seemed more receptive to the idea but still highly unlikely.

Other than that who is there?
-Big Cass and Enzo? Cass looks like he's out of the game again for a while after his incident.
-Ryback? No one wants to see this guy back in the ring.
-Johnny Mundo/Nitro/Morrison? Think he's contracted with TNA
-Eli Drake. Wouldn't be a bad fit but not really a house hold name.
-I dont think theres any notable oldies left that wwe hasnt locked up on legends contracts.

Latest posts