What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tariq Sims

Was going to say who’s she ? Never heard of her ... but reading the double needling to the groined explains why his been so ineffective and horrible this season.... another master stroke play from our mastermind in charge ....

nontime111

Juniors
Yeah I’m the same, I think we have a good squad and if not for some cruel injuries last season could very well have at least got to the GF, we lost to the rabbits by a point and I strongly agree if Widdop was there we win that one at least. If you look at the market for who to replace DeBelin with you quickly realise he is the best available option by a country mile. Having Tariq back at full strength, Friz with an injury riddle season behind him and Jack back hopefully it’s like a new pack all of a sudden.
specially with Luch one more season with game time getting so much better each game AND hopefully FORD coming in, another Luch only probably a but better Id say...

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Dragons website reporting Tariq underwent successful groin surgery today and wont play again for the rest of the season.
At least that puts his less than stellar form into perspective.

However, the bigger question for me is the fact that he played on Saturday, that I cannot put into perspective, especially with the knowledge he was having surgery today.

Can someone please explain this to me?

BLM01

First Grade
Dragons website reporting Tariq underwent successful groin surgery today and wont play again for the rest of the season.

However, the bigger question for me is the fact that he played on Saturday, that I cannot put into perspective, especially with the knowledge he was having surgery today.

I cant and it goes back to McGregor too brain dead to put a lower grader in who is 100% fit.
Even if we could still make the semis. i know blokes play with injury at this time but it was clear he had little impact in the role he plays for us for some time...but No for Mary a 75% Tariq Sims is good enough for Dragons Footy.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
That does make a lot of sense. But it begs the question why not rest him? He's not playing as well as a fully fit Kerr.

And you could add to that Lachlan Timm has been a standout in Canterbury Cup and due to constantly being ignored will probably leave the club. Yes, Timm is a prop and Sims an edge player but SGI have been rotating players like Host, Frizzell and and others from middle to edge roles throughout the season

SaintPauli

Juniors

Groin injury since charity sheild. How could board, coaching staff and athletic performance allow Taric to play so ineffectively all season? Bad management of a player. Heads should roll.

getsmarty

Immortal
simst-1gp_5334.jpg

INJURIES

Sims season cut short following surgery
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 12 Aug 2019, 07:26 PM

St George Illawarra Head of Athletic Performance Nathan Pickworth has provided the following injury update on Dragons back-rower Tariq Sims.

"Tariq underwent successful groin surgery in Sydney on Monday, "Pickworth said. "The timeframe for recovery unfortunately means he will not play again in season 2019.

"Tariq will rehabilitate over the off-season and be ready to play come the commencement of the 2020 NRL premiership."

Red V members and fans will be provided a further update on Sims's condition in our Westfund High Performance Update later this week.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/08/12/sims-season-cut-short-following-surgery/

Jersey No 14

Juniors
When revelations appear like this - I realise how bad Mary Mac has run our football side (Into the ground.)
That along suggests his incompetents know no bounds
... and our management aren't reactiing!

Man - We are really in a mess.
2020 will be the same - GUARANTEED

BLM01

First Grade
simst-1gp_5334.jpg

INJURIES

Sims season cut short following surgery
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 12 Aug 2019, 07:26 PM

St George Illawarra Head of Athletic Performance Nathan Pickworth has provided the following injury update on Dragons back-rower Tariq Sims.

"Tariq underwent successful groin surgery in Sydney on Monday, "Pickworth said. "The timeframe for recovery unfortunately means he will not play again in season 2019.

"Tariq will rehabilitate over the off-season and be ready to play come the commencement of the 2020 NRL premiership."

Red V members and fans will be provided a further update on Sims's condition in our Westfund High Performance Update later this week.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/08/12/sims-season-cut-short-following-surgery/
Just curious what further update is there later this week?. It sounds like it has all been said.
What they should be asking is why now and if he needed it why was he playing.
Now that is an update I would be interested to know the facts on.

Saint Pedro

Juniors
Got to give Lachlan Timm a run this week and josh Kerr. Those two are raw hard front row youngsters who are coming into their own. Give lats a week off and get these two in and watch the competition for front row bench spots get stronger. Graham has bloody played 400 games so can’t play forever.come on someone on the coaching staff.

Wittenberg

Juniors

I think the Tariq situation says it all. We play a busted player for weeks and even ignore Timm the week before Sims is having an operation. Brilliant just brilliant. And to think I was happy that Graham got a winning 400th game on the weekend and that we won at least. Well today I realise I should have been disappointed we won (sorry James). Every win allows this fool a chance to stay as coach. There are players in our team that deserve to experience some success as the year comes to an end, Gareth and Cam for instance, but the best thing that can happen FOR this Club is to be smashed badly so we just might lose him. Unfortunately Johnston just doesn’t have the balls to do it. Dousty I’m sorry I thought you were a dud CEO, compared to Johnston I think you were magnificent....at least we got a premiership under your watch.....Johnston, given what we have seen so far, will never get us anywhere......by the way did we see the ‘need’ to relocate a Sydney team came up again yesterday in the media. Yes apparently if a new Brisbane team gets the go ahead there is need to relocate a Sydney based team with enough ‘brand appeal’ to have traction with new and established fans....never thought I’d say this but thank god for Illawarra. Keep on driving our Club down Mr Johnston and Mr MacGregor you both are doing a superb job.

Red V for life

Juniors

I can only think it was to help us avoid the wooden spoon.

Otherwise I got nothing.

merahputih

Juniors
I think the Tariq situation says it all. We play a busted player for weeks and even ignore Timm the week before Sims is having an operation. Brilliant just brilliant. And to think I was happy that Graham got a winning 400th game on the weekend and that we won at least. Well today I realise I should have been disappointed we won (sorry James). Every win allows this fool a chance to stay as coach. There are players in our team that deserve to experience some success as the year comes to an end, Gareth and Cam for instance, but the best thing that can happen FOR this Club is to be smashed badly so we just might lose him. Unfortunately Johnston just doesn’t have the balls to do it. Dousty I’m sorry I thought you were a dud CEO, compared to Johnston I think you were magnificent....at least we got a premiership under your watch.....Johnston, given what we have seen so far, will never get us anywhere......by the way did we see the ‘need’ to relocate a Sydney team came up again yesterday in the media. Yes apparently if a new Brisbane team gets the go ahead there is need to relocate a Sydney based team with enough ‘brand appeal’ to have traction with new and established fans....never thought I’d say this but thank god for Illawarra. Keep on driving our Club down Mr Johnston and Mr MacGregor you both are doing a superb job.
Well put W. Don't forget Johnston was parachuted in partly because "he understood "Dragons Culture". You have have to ask yourself what exactly this "Dragons Culture" means these days. It's certainly not the culture that prevailed in the eleven straight premierships era and the '77 & '79 titles. In that period the Dragons organisation led the field in all aspects of player recruitment ,development and training. You might say they were The Roosters of their day- buying up good and promising players under the rules of the day. For example Johnny Raper was lured from Newtown by being given a house to live in around Kogarah so he satisfied the residency rule in those days. Same with Poppa Clay, also from Newtown and Dick Huddart from Britain. They were accused in those days of buying up players just so no other team could get them.
"Dragons Culture" these days is a universe away from that. Mediocrity, nepotism and complacency rule the dragons' modern era.

sco22

Juniors
Well put W. Don't forget Johnston was parachuted in partly because "he understood "Dragons Culture". You have have to ask yourself what exactly this "Dragons Culture" means these days. It's certainly not the culture that prevailed in the eleven straight premierships era and the '77 & '79 titles. In that period the Dragons organisation led the field in all aspects of player recruitment ,development and training. You might say they were The Roosters of their day- buying up good and promising players under the rules of the day. For example Johnny Raper was lured from Newtown by being given a house to live in around Kogarah so he satisfied the residency rule in those days. Same with Poppa Clay, also from Newtown and Dick Huddart from Britain. They were accused in those days of buying up players just so no other team could get them.
"Dragons Culture" these days is a universe away from that. Mediocrity, nepotism and complacency rule the dragons' modern era.
But don’t forget we had very good footy management and the players you speak wanted to play for the dragons because of what was already there. It was Western Suburbs that were the Millionaires of the time 60, 61, 62, 63, they were buying players left right and centre.
Don’t say we were the Roosters we weren’t anything like them period we had the Great Frank Facer who played at Norths then Dragons and became probably the best ever CEO period to this day. If Frank was here to day the Dragons would be up like they always were in the finals even Peter Doust relative work with Frank. Those years and the Bennett years were great miss that time this is shit period. Can’t see it changing in the future it looks pretty bleak.

Bench
In one way I am glad Tariq has had surgery. He was carrying that for most of the season and it explains why his form has been down this year.
It pisses me off that our coach let him play each week with needles. That doesn’t fix Tariq’s injury and you have to ask why the high performance unit did not Intervene.
It says a lot that the club did not put the players health and well being first. This occurrence happed last year with JDB, he had more strapping then an Egyptian mummy.

Last edited:

Latest posts