What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

''Why not just kick us out of comp?'

Meth

Staff member
I think there’s a bit of a false dichotomy at play here.

Everyone on here agrees that the Warriors performance is the key issue. It’s the reason why they are where they are and if they played better, they’d take the officials out of the equation.

I don’t think it’s a big conspiracy. I just think we’ve had a tough year with the officials and that hasn’t helped

The NRL is racist. If Adam Blair or Isaac Luke said the same comments at the officials. I bet your top dollar those scummy officials would ping them with everything they can.

Matua

Bench
That’s not the minority. That’s everybody.
Yep, it's not zero sum, we all want the Warriors as an organisation to be better across the board ... which doesn't mean that as individuals we can't have issues with the officials at the same time.

Diesel

Referee
What Green said was lame, although spur of the moment no doubt. I'm far more concerned about RTS being rubbish in engaging refs.
Cummins kept dismissing him. The way RTS was treated was poor and shows the culture of the officials (and potentially NRL administration)

TheDMC

Bench
Cummins kept dismissing him. The way RTS was treated was poor and shows the culture of the officials (and potentially NRL administration)

Yep, but RTS needed a comeback but instead stuttered, gave up and walked away. Anyway he is great player and doing alright as a captain, just not that aspect.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I don't think anyone is denying that the primary contributor to where we as a club is our own lacklustre performances. Still, we seem to be getting it in the arse from the refs more often than not.

I think if a young bloke like Harris-Tavita or Tevaga came out with an outburst like this, you could write it off as immaturity. But this is incredibly uncharacteristic from Green and I think that's telling.

And sure, Blair gets tangled up a lot and he's got some grub in him. But they reviewed it enough to be able to say "yeah, it's Blair and he can be a pest, but that's not a sin binning'

It was said in the heat of the moment on the field, I don't think you can pay too much heed to it. If he said it off the field in an interview and it was more calculated, different...but I don't think it says much about Blake Green other than he's passionate and he probably took it a touch too far.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
That's silly, you can't pretend that the Warriors don't get the rough end of the stick and tell them to cop it on the chin because one time the Storm had a decision go against them. If the Storm regularly copped what we did Smith would have blown up about it, Gould would write columns about it, the Fox show would have it as a weekly feature, the Matty Johns show would commission their own clip like RTS's brothers hilarious one ... and the NRL would do something about it.

Players should be held accountable for their performance, that doesn't mean that we pretend everything else is rosy.

How on earth do they get $100m for one year of the Warriors? $40m per year seems slightly more reasonable.

The Storm are a f**king bunch of sooks when something goes against them. And so are their hangers-on like Roy Masters etc. They thrive off the siege mentality.

But you're right, if it happened to the Storm it'd be stamped out the next week.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I don’t think it’s a big conspiracy. I just think we’ve had a tough year with the officials and that hasn’t helped
Almost every year. The refs admitting they stuffed up with us and getting a paid week of work for punishment happens almost every year.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yep, but RTS needed a comeback but instead stuttered, gave up and walked away. Anyway he is great player and doing alright as a captain, just not that aspect.

If RTS has a fault it’s that he’s too nice and polite. I figure he’s the kind of guy who genuinely thinks players ought to be respectful and not argumentative with refs, unlike some of the other captains.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Well from this Green incident, at least he seems to genuinely give a shit...
He obviously feels that the aussie refs have it in for the Warriors. Comments like the threads title and 'theres enough aussie teams in there anyway', are clear insinuations of that.

JJ

Immortal
He obviously feels that the aussie refs have it in for the Warriors. Comments like the threads title and 'theres enough aussie teams in there anyway', are clear insinuations of that.
or he was just frustrated

Seriously, do you wear a foil cap?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
or he was just frustrated

Seriously, do you wear a foil cap?
Nah you need to read the article. His own words.

"We have copped a few of them this year, and I've been pretty quiet about it and I just wanted to let him know my thoughts." - Blake Green.

Yeah I knew that would silence ya lol. As usual, I bring ze proof.

And just stop making excuses. How can you be a Warriors fan and not see we get f**ked over every year from the refs.

I mean what part of 'theres enough aussie teams in there' do you not understand? refer back to his quote.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Yeah, I am sure that comment will change things lol
For me, it's about realising whats happening to us. I never said anything about change. Some people don't even realise that the refs rob us every year and then the refs just apologise and go on to get a paid week off work. It'll happen next year and some on here will be like 'oh its nothing'. REAL Warriors fans have every right to be pissed.

PS: I wrote the above post thinking I typed something very similar last year.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Did the refs that controlled the Penrith game in Auckland get placed in the gallows when they got home, or was their performance a decoy to put people off the NRLs scent ?

Big Marn

Juniors
50-50 calls tend to go the way of the bookies favourite as an almost subconscious bias on the part of the refs. Since we arent normally the bookies favourite, the 50-50s go to the other team. Exhibit A : Storm penalty earlier this year which cost us the game.

Apart from that, they are all generally incompetent.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
50-50 calls tend to go the way of the bookies favourite as an almost subconscious bias on the part of the refs. Since we arent normally the bookies favourite, the 50-50s go to the other team. Exhibit A : Storm penalty earlier this year which cost us the game.

Apart from that, they are all generally incompetent.

Agreed, more incompetence than bias. Another team that seems to be constantly on the end of it is the Tigers and they haven’t played finals since 2011, and Dean Pay has had plenty to say about the refs this season too