What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

callmack1

Staff member
Dean Britt to depart at Season's end: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/08/12/dean-britt-to-depart-at-seasons-end/

He's off to the Dogs next year. Pretty disappointed to lose Britty to be honest as I have loved his work this year and I think he will certainly become a regular first grader. Oh well, I wish him all the best.

In other news,

Brydens Lawyers Injury Update Round 22: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/08/12/brydens-lawyers-injury-update-round-22/

That's a really positive injury report!!!

250excf

Juniors
Nah you’ll find Allen will go to FB(unless Johnston returns) Douhehi will start at 7, as he did already with Walker a few weeks back when Reyno was out with his back complaints
I don’t think Wayne will ever put Douhie at half again he was absolutely abysmal no disrespect but the kid ain’t a halfbacks asshole leave him where he is he’s going great at FB blind Freddy can see no way in hell he will be put back to no 7 huge fail why go backwards that’s just plain stupid

Travitoh

First Grade
I don’t think Wayne will ever put Douhie at half again he was absolutely abysmal no disrespect but the kid ain’t a halfbacks asshole leave him where he is he’s going great at FB blind Freddy can see no way in hell he will be put back to no 7 huge fail why go backwards that’s just plain stupid

Agree. AD looks really good at FB, I'd be tempted to keep him there when AJ returns if i was coach.

callmack1

Staff member
Souths legend John Sutton to call time on NRL career at the end of the Season: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/f774c50a222b054c508dd61387d1303e

So an announcement could come this week. Not unexpected, we always knew this would be his last Season but Sutto has been the heart and soul of our team for fifteen years now and to have that finality to it, to know that his career is certainly ending, it's going to be very sad and hard to say goodbye but a great celebration at the same time.

This gives us even more incentive to win the comp now too. Gee, I'd love to send Sutto, one of our greatest, out with a Grand Final win!!

Souths legend John Sutton to call time on NRL career at the end of the Season: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/f774c50a222b054c508dd61387d1303e

So an announcement could come this week. Not unexpected, we always knew this would be his last Season but Sutto has been the heart and soul of our team for fifteen years now and to have that finality to it, to know that his career is certainly ending, it's going to be very sad and hard to say goodbye but a great celebration at the same time.

This gives us even more incentive to win the comp now too. Gee, I'd love to send Sutto, one of our greatest, out with a Grand Final win!!

I've just started to sob.

John Sutton...what a legend!

handyman2190

Bench
My spy tells me we are close to signing pat mogo from the donkeys.
Bennett thinks highly of him and debuted him last year,but under seibold isnt getting a chance

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
Geez this fued is kicking off and I love it!!! I say good on Richo!! He's right. Finally someone is standing up to the Storm for their grubby tactics and I applaud him for it.

From Sporting News,

South Sydney boss Shane Richardson angrily denies Melbourne Storm’s claims he’s Wayne Bennett’s puppet

Shane Richardson has escalated his war of words with Melbourne after Storm CEO Dave Donaghy declared the veteran South Sydney official is Wayne Bennett's puppet.

An irate Richardson this week teed off over the Storm's wrestling tactics in an ugly postscript to the Bunnies' 26-16 loss to Craig Bellamy's side.

He told Fox Sports' James Hooper Melbourne's methods of slowing down the ruck 'have gone too far' as the Rabbitohs privately fumed over the NRL's decision not to charge prop Nelson Asofa-Solomona for a crusher tackle on Dean Britt.

In response a fed-up Donaghy lobbed a grenade of his own in Richardson's direction, further inflaming tensions between the two clubs.

"I don't think Shane believes anything he's said, there's a master puppeteer (Bennett) in the background, and when your team's a bit down you're looking to deflect attention," Donaghy told The Daily Telegraph.

"Shane's been around the game for a long time and I've got enormous respect for him but he probably should have just had a cup of tea and a lie down mid-afternoon before saying comments as stupid as those."

Not one to take a backward step, Richardson fired back in an interview with News Limited's Paul Crawley.

"It has nothing to do with Wayne Bennett. I'd like to think after twenty f***ing seven years at the top of rugby league, I'd like to think I've got my own opinions," Richardson fired.

The war of words sets the stage for a potentially mouth-watering clash during the NRL finals series.

Storm are currently in top spot, six points clear of their nearest rival on 36 competition points, while the Rabbitohs sit fifth (28) and are also certain to make the playoffs.

Latest posts