What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Membership

azza29

Juniors
Plenty of positives in the membership numbers - Raiders, Tigers and Storm have all added 10k compared to 2015, 5 other clubs are up at least 5k in that timeframe, and aside from the Bunnies nobody's really gone backwards. I reckon 20-25k is achievable for every club, and provides a solid revenue stream outside of TV deals and leagues clubs.

beave

Coach
NQ numbers looking a bit better now compared to earlier in the year. This was not the year to be going like busteds though with the new stadium on the horizon.

Perth Red

Post Whore
NRL withdrew the central funding for membership drives last year, I wonder if that part explains the overall lack of growth? Some clubs investing some not?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
NRL withdrew the central funding for membership drives last year, I wonder if that part explains the overall lack of growth? Some clubs investing some not?
The figures are still to be extrapolated out to final, and it's worth remembering Penrith, WT and Titans haven't been bumped in a couple of months now. The final figures will likely show figures are on track with the same level of growth. Bit early to making such an assessment on your part.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The figures are still to be extrapolated out to final, and it's worth remembering Penrith, WT and Titans haven't been bumped in a couple of months now. The final figures will likely show figures are on track with the same level of growth. Bit early to making such an assessment on your part.

When’s that happen?
My comments are based on current comparison of dates which shows no growth. To get the 3-4% growth is going to take around an extra 15-20,000 new members on top of current total.

taipan

Referee

I note Canberra's numbers have remain unchanged for a hell of a while,Knights also.You'd reckon on that basis plus the ones you stated, we'd at least be on a par or better than 2018.
I mean even Titans have been stuck on that figure since the invention of the wheel, surely they could have roped in a few drunks since then.

Suitman

Post Whore
gws claiming 31 k members now..

More than South's.. lol

Laughable.
Every school kid and adult who has ever flicked passed 504 on Fox while channel surfing has been counted as a member. The number also includes the family cat or dog or hamster that was sitting in front of the tv.
What a crock of f**king shite that number is. Who and when is someone going to audit these frauds?

Hank_Scorpio

Juniors
Laughable.
Every school kid and adult who has ever flicked passed 504 on Fox while channel surfing has been counted as a member. The number also includes the family cat or dog or hamster that was sitting in front of the tv.
What a crock of f**king shite that number is. Who and when is someone going to audit these frauds?

You know what, it may be full of shite, but what if it's not? What if investing in programs and staff to engage an area actually results in better fan connection? Perth comments that the NRL have withdrawn membership funding, which if true, is stupid. It's a great way to get people connected and committed to their team. Even if it's not a full membership, 3 gamers are very reasonable across all codes these days. If that GWS is a massive fudge, most likely, even half of that number competes with a handful of established NRL Sydney teams.... Put money back into Memberships NRL, it has so many positive flow on effects for the teams and the game.

Latest posts