What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
Yeah, I agree with you.

Daniel Mortimer played more games, for more try assists, but Brown defends better, had a stronger running game, and has shown maturity with his kicking game.

Dylan Brown is a super, super, super exciting prospect for us - he is an absolute gun, and I've been saying it for years!
Mortimer had tenacity, good at backing up and a decent kicking game.
Dylan has that and more..much more.
Speed, composure, better defence, bigger, ball player and a runner.
Brown is only going to get better. He is an excitement machine who makes things happen. His top speed is eelectric

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mortimer had tenacity, good at backing up and a decent kicking game.
Dylan has that and more..much more.
Speed, composure, better defence, bigger, ball player and a runner.
Brown is only going to get better. He is an excitement machine who makes things happen. His top speed is eelectric

I agree.

I rate DylBro very highly.

hindy111

Post Whore
They can get a player to first grade, they just need another club to get them to reach their potential

Or once they become too costly they replace with a cheaper junior and just keep the best of crop.
16/17 made first grade debut for Panthers in last weeks game. Amazing effort.

hindy111

Post Whore
Undecided about Dylan Brown. He needs at least another season before we comment on him or how good he's going to be. Daniel Mortimer was better in his first year.

Disagree. I was one of very few on here calling Mortimer average. I quite clearly remember saying he doesn't seem to put guys in gaps. Just a good support player.
D.Brown is putting guys in gaps and has a far better kicking game. He is also playing in an era 10yrs later where defenses are far better. Yet to see D.Brown throw long cut out passes but he does slide nicely and put guys into space.

84 Baby

Referee
Disagree. I was one of very few on here calling Mortimer average. I quite clearly remember saying he doesn't seem to put guys in gaps. Just a good support player.
D.Brown is putting guys in gaps and has a far better kicking game. He is also playing in an era 10yrs later where defenses are far better. Yet to see D.Brown throw long cut out passes but he does slide nicely and put guys into space.
You forgot the bit where everyone laughed at you for not rating Morts

hindy111

Post Whore
Too bad Penrith are playing Brisbane.
Doesn't anyone check facts these days. This is meant to be a leading newspaper.
If this guy worked for me and made this blunder I would sack him.

hindy111

Post Whore
On the Lane thing.
The NRL need to be smart. Why should Eels be punished and Manly benefit from this situation. It is not a coincidence the timing of release. Lane had already signed with Eels prior to Mad Monday. Someone has held onto these pics and released at the worse possible time they could.
Unless the NRL put a stop too this then the same thing will keep happening.
I reckon the Manly club is behind this personally. I'd say they where pissed he signed for us and snapped him when drunk....

On the Lane thing.
The NRL need to be smart. Why should Eels be punished and Manly benefit from this situation. It is not a coincidence the timing of release. Lane had already signed with Eels prior to Mad Monday. Someone has held onto these pics and released at the worse possible time they could.
Unless the NRL put a stop too this then the same thing will keep happening.
I reckon the Manly club is behind this personally. I'd say they where pissed he signed for us and snapped him when drunk....

This is all being discussed in the Eels in the Media thread.....just sayin.

Eelogical

Referee
Yep, he's not coming back. Period.
It would be a backwards step going forward, for the Eels anyway. If we're going to go anywhere then we need to foster alternatives rather than rely on the possible return of former players and their whims. Semi was great, but he done gone, yo.