What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hall of fame nominees

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Stacey Jones without question the most under rated player by kiwis.

Must be a Warrior hard man thing.........

Seriously go a watch a game......

Just so f**king smart, quick, scheme, out smart the aussies.

You should move to Victoria.

Or pack a thirteen man scrum and kick an 84 point field goal.

grumble...grumble...gumble...

Unappreciative mofos..

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
tenor.gif

JJ

Immortal
Stacey Jones without question the most under rated player by kiwis.

Must be a Warrior hard man thing.........

Seriously go a watch a game......

Just so f**king smart, quick, scheme, out smart the aussies.

You should move to Victoria.

Or pack a thirteen man scrum and kick an 84 point field goal.

grumble...grumble...gumble...

Unappreciative mofos..
Don’t think that’s true at all

He’s a Warriors and Kiwis legend. First guy picked in an all time Warriors team, and easily the best Kiwi half I’ve seen...

Matua

Bench
My picks of those guys would be;

Steve Renouf
Stacey Jones
Garry Jack
Michael Hancock
Greg Alexander
Paul Sironen
I wouldn't even include Hancock in a shortlist TBH. He had longevity and ran hard and looked angry all the time but I never rated him as a standout winger of that era even though he picked up a decent number of test caps.

Well of course you do, but, these youngins'
I agree with JJ, I expect most on here would.

Last edited:

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I wouldn't even include Hancock in a shortlist TBH. He had longevity and ran hard and looked angry all the time but I never rated him as a standout winger of that error even though he picked up a decent number of test caps.
I was a Brisbane fan so to me, he was outstanding!

Hey, can you please put up your list. I notice everytime people put up their list of players, you never put up yours but you definitely critique ours. Dont worry I wont critique yours, I just want to see your lists for once.

Matua

Bench
I was a Brisbane fan so to me, he was outstanding!

Hey, can you please put up your list. I notice everytime people put up their list of players, you never put up yours but you definitely critique ours. Dont worry I wont critique yours, I just want to see your lists for once.
I hated Brisbane as a team, but would have selected Renouf. If I had to pick a Brisbane winger from that era I'd go for Willie Carne over him anyway.

I said mine - Renouf and O'Connor instead of Young and Buderus. Keep Stacey and Two City. Critique away.

Blair

Coach
I agree with you on Hancock, good career but didn’t strike me as a hall of famer unless it was for rooting wormholes

Origin probably gave him a huge boost, especially being in that memorable, Graham Lowe-coached side of 1991.

As for Craig Young, I remember his name when I was a kid, he was huge in the NZ rugby league annuals my late uncle used to compile. An absolute nail.

We know Wiki and Jones well. They deserve every accolade and continued to give it all back to the game after retirement.

I've seen Wiki countless times, tirelessly running the sidelines at NSW Cup games, in all those godforsaken parts of Sydney and beyond. He always gives you an eyebrow-raise if he's got a minute free, which is rare!

Blair

Coach
I wonder if players like Sailor, Tuqiri and Thorn would ever be considered due to them going to union?

JJ

Immortal
As for Craig Young, I remember his name when I was a kid, he was huge in the NZ rugby league annuals my late uncle used to compile. An absolute nail.
yep surprised he wasn’t already in tbh

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
JJ Giltinan, Ray Warren and Peter Frilingos also going to be inducted tonight

Rabs is rugby league for me so stoked with that, best league commentator I’ve heard by a country mile with Graeme Hughes behind him, lucky to grow up listening to Rabs going “ohhhhhhhhh” and Hughes “sensaaaaaaaaaaaaaational”

JJ

Immortal
JJ Giltinan, Ray Warren and Peter Frilingos also going to be inducted tonight

Rabs is rugby league for me so stoked with that, best league commentator I’ve heard by a country mile with Graeme Hughes behind him, lucky to grow up listening to Rabs going “ohhhhhhhhh” and Hughes “sensaaaaaaaaaaaaaational”
I remember the late, Big Daryl Eastlake in Origin - thrilling stuff as a wee fella