What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

You think the witnesses (manly players) are going to come forward and say “yea there were bags of coke at our mad Monday. f**kn epic day”?

they might come forward and say "laney pulled out some bags of white stuff and offered them around of course i refused your honour"

Soto

Bench
they might come forward and say "laney pulled out some bags of white stuff and offered them around of course i refused your honour"
Parramatta forward Shaun Lane is likely to face a significant fine for a breach of the NRL’s code of conduct.

The Daily Telegraph understands Lane is poised to avoid a playing suspension but will be sanctioned by the NRL and Eels and slugged with a fine of up to $20,000.

Lane remains under investigation after images published in The Daily Telegraph which appeared to show the NRL forward in possession of a bag containing white powder during a Mad Monday celebration with his previous club, Manly, last year.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/fc3d4ec9641ddb93135b2c4594f861f8

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/13...ial&utm_campaign=NetworkContent&sf217449716=1

Parramatta Eels backrower Shaun Lane is expected to be hit with a fine for bringing the game into disrepute following an NRL investigation into images that surfaced on Monday night.

The NRL launched an investigation earlier in the week after being made aware of an image of Lane holding a plastic bag with a white substance during what is believed to be the Sea Eagles’ Mad Monday celebrations last year.

However NRL.com understands Lane denied being in possession or consuming an illegal substance.

It’s believed Lane has a clean record throughout his career despite numerous NRL-sanctioned random recreational drug testing.

Lane, who sent the image in a private message, didn’t give consent for the photo to be disseminated - which could open the door for potential legal options.

The Eels backrower has been named in Brad Arthur’s team to play against the Titans this weekend and is likely to play if the NRL slaps him with a warning and a fine for bringing the game into disrepute.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
As I said in my message which was deleted (Nil issues by the way)... how dumb are these blokes?! The merkin forwarded the image himself. You couldn’t make it up.

JokerEel

Coach
As I said in my message which was deleted (Nil issues by the way)... how dumb are these blokes?! The merkin forwarded the image himself. You couldn’t make it up.

In a private msg which now he could possibly sue.. for 20 thousand dollars!

Incorrect

Coach
Did anyone else see the footage of Lane driving off from training yesterday trying to avoid the media?? Think there's a clip on the Fox Sports site. Poor bastard almost had a fender bender when he pulled out straight in front of an oncoming car... Lol. Wasn't his fault really, there was some Eels official standing there trying to make the other car stop (unsuccessfully) and he waved Lane through and they just about collided in front of the media throng...

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Did anyone else see the footage of Lane driving off from training yesterday trying to avoid the media?? Think there's a clip on the Fox Sports site. Poor bastard almost had a fender bender when he pulled out straight in front of an oncoming car... Lol. Wasn't his fault really, there was some Eels official standing there trying to make the other car stop (unsuccessfully) and he waved Lane through and they just about collided in front of the media throng...
I saw that. Was it a camry he was driving? We must have got him cheap.