What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldPanther

Coach
Like Kilkenny I doubt we have $500k. What you remember is the bonuses for these guys on exemption come off next years cap.

The good news is we won't get so many exemptions now May is back. NRL has been very loose with them. How Burton got to play with Blore fit is a mystery

May is not coming back

Kilkenny

Coach
2019 was a really important year for Tyrone May so the fact his off field situation has deprived him of a whole season I just don’t see a future for him here. Talented player but his versatility counted against him in many ways and I just don’t see a spot for him in our top 17 going forward.

Reactions: Bob

MugaB

Coach
Wade Graham would be an incredible signing for us the perfect player to captain our club and lead it to the future

Dugan, Fafita, Moylan, Woods, Johnson..
Any clubs out there who would buy these guys? If sharks were to need to offload players for the salary cap they would need to look at players that are wanted by other clubs, so no.1 is Wade Graham, then Bronson Xerri, Morris, Townsend, basically theyd have to do what the bulldogs did last year with Reynolds, Mbye, Morri's and Graham.
Best bet if wade is the first picked where is the best place for him,
Remember he had been chased by cowboys at a yound age, to play along side thurston, and Matthew Elliot was coach at the panthers, reason he went to sharks was so he would play in 1st grade, not be in Thurstons shadow, now he is older, has the seniority at the sharks with Gallen and Lewis going/gone.
But the club wont be in a good position next year, if they unload half the talent to fit under the cap, not to mention he had his lengthy injuries past year, i just feel the panthers would suit him, and he would be a genuine leader of the club if we get him.
Our juniors are great, we have depth, but we need some senior players that can guide the team, maloneys off next year, tamou soon after, soon we'll have no outside marquee players, we have a small window now to get talent that will suit us better than a ponga or turbo etc

hindy111

Post Whore
RCG may go well with a change of club. It would be hard to perform when you know the coach and club wants you out.
Dwz is playing great at dogs and Blake will be one of best centers in game.
But if attitudes where poor and good young guys coming through then you do what Ivan did.

Just so not want to always be rebuilding. This was the year that should of been giving it a shake.

I reckon fullback is a weak point as is hooker. Egan's however looks ok and certainly has potential.

OldPanther

Coach
RCG may go well with a change of club. It would be hard to perform when you know the coach and club wants you out.
Dwz is playing great at dogs and Blake will be one of best centers in game.
But if attitudes where poor and good young guys coming through then you do what Ivan did.

Just so not want to always be rebuilding. This was the year that should of been giving it a shake.

I reckon fullback is a weak point as is hooker. Egan's however looks ok and certainly has potential.

Egan's issue has been a shoulder injury. He'll come good.

betcats

Referee
Its too late for wade we have too many quality back rowers now kikau martin yeo blore even burns its a no from me.

Yeah we don’t need wade. I honestly think we are pretty set, we don’t need to chase anyone just wait and see. Another solid prop if we can move rcg maybe and possibly a good established hooker but we have the talent here internally.

Yeah we don’t need wade. I honestly think we are pretty set, we don’t need to chase anyone just wait and see. Another solid prop if we can move rcg maybe and possibly a good established hooker but we have the talent here internally.

If you want to build towards a premiership then we might have the talent, but if you want to accelerate the process then bringing in some experience might help.

we shouldn’t just throw money at anyone mind you. But a class hooker could give us a big kick along. Prop & maybe a centre/winger are the other spots.

Thing is, if RCG & Whare are moved on, we have to have significant cap space.

You thinking??:

1. Edwards
2. Naden
3. Aekins
4. Crichton
5. To'o

Maybe, but also we’re a little thin at centre if Whare goes & have a few options at FB.

Although Matheson Johns hasn’t had a crack at FG. McGrady will probably need a year in reserves after doing his ACL.

Then again Burton could also be a possibility in the centres.

Don’t want to see second rowers like Jed Cartwright playing in the centres.

betcats

Referee
If you want to build towards a premiership then we might have the talent, but if you want to accelerate the process then bringing in some experience might help.

we shouldn’t just throw money at anyone mind you. But a class hooker could give us a big kick along. Prop & maybe a centre/winger are the other spots.

Thing is, if RCG & Whare are moved on, we have to have significant cap space.

Agree but just don't spend it for the sake of spending it, if there isn't a good hooker available then wait and see, there was a lot of player movement after this season began, that isn't going away next season. We don't want to end up in a position like the sharks currently who just signed every good player they could whether they needed them or not and now are in cap trouble and lost great prospects at hooker and half this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.