What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 team

1. Ponga
2. Lee
3. Hunt
4. Moga
5. Star To'a

6. Crossland
7. Pearce

8. Klemmer
9. Brailey
10. DSaifiti
11. Fitzy
12.????
13. Glasby

14. Watson
15. JSaifiti
16. Barnett
17. Mata'utai

I think Barnett would go better in the middle than on the edge. I like Mata'utai and I think he has a lot to offer. But I seem like the only one here haha..
I really hope there's a better option than Moga..
Bradman Best ready yet?

Knight Vision

First Grade
Barnett leads our pack in offloads, tries scored , tackles made and has made almost half the errors of Fitzy. All this from our right side. Glasby doesnt even rate a mention in any stats of note.

aqua_duck

Coach
Barnett leads our pack in offloads, tries scored , tackles made and has made almost half the errors of Fitzy. All this from our right side. Glasby doesnt even rate a mention in any stats of note.
I think Barnett would go to another level if they played him in the middle, whilst he makes a fair fist of it on the edge his game is so much better suited in the middle

Frederick

Staff member
I think Barnett would go to another level if they played him in the middle, whilst he makes a fair fist of it on the edge his game is so much better suited in the middle
How would you rate a pack of:

Klemmer
Brailey
Glasby
Fitz
Capewell
Barnett

Watson
Daifiti
Jaifiti
Sione

Let klem and glas enjoy the softening up period then bring on the twin towers to wreck havok

aqua_duck

Coach
How would you rate a pack of:

Klemmer
Brailey
Glasby
Fitz
Capewell
Barnett

Watson
Daifiti
Jaifiti
Sione

Let klem and glas enjoy the softening up period then bring on the twin towers to wreck havok
Capewell would be our number 1 edge backrower which is abit of a sad reality considering he's a benchy at the Sharks. I think we need the twins to really develop more and provide more impact, for the size they are I just don't really see them ever trample over anyone or stand in a tackle and offload, I think they should take Jake and change his training routine, forget about getting really fit and developing endurance just put him on a NFL style training program and work on explosive power, short bursts, etc.

cb4

First Grade
FWIW I have heard that Capewell has agreed a contract with you but is giving Cronulla every option to meet the terms.
Capewell is a very handy utility player, best played on the left edge.
He doesn't run straight and hard though, or very good lines, and his defence is sloppy, but he is an awkward runner and can be tough to tackle.
His hands can let him down one minute and be incredible the next.

mozza91

Coach
FWIW I have heard that Capewell has agreed a contract with you but is giving Cronulla every option to meet the terms.
Capewell is a very handy utility player, best played on the left edge.
He doesn't run straight and hard though, or very good lines, and his defence is sloppy, but he is an awkward runner and can be tough to tackle.
His hands can let him down one minute and be incredible the next.
So pretty average in attack and defence? Sounds like a really shrewd signing.

Old dog

Juniors
We are ok in 2nd row at moment why do we need to sign a maybe type player when we have greater needs in 5/8 and centre/wing. If 2nd row it needs to be a top notch automatic selection not a maybe we play him bench or cup.

macavity

Referee
We are ok in 2nd row at moment why do we need to sign a maybe type player when we have greater needs in 5/8 and centre/wing. If 2nd row it needs to be a top notch automatic selection not a maybe we play him bench or cup.

We have probably the worst back row combo in the comp.

David Fifita transforms our team. Capewell does not.

aqua_duck

Coach
The criticisms of Capewell are very similar to Beau Fermor. As for our perceived strength in the backrow, in terms of middle backrowers we're pretty set, in terms of edge backrowers we'd rank toward the bottom of the NRL IMO

macavity

Referee
The criticisms of Capewell are very similar to Beau Fermor. As for our perceived strength in the backrow, in terms of middle backrowers we're pretty set, in terms of edge backrowers we'd rank toward the bottom of the NRL IMO

I don’t count 13 as back row any more.

Our edges (11-12, 3-4) are below ordinary.

Old dog

Juniors
1 Ponga
2 Lee
3 Hunt (please sign him)
4 Moga
5 SKD
6 Lino
7 Pearce
8 Klemmer
9 Brailey
10 DanS
11 Fitzy
12 Barnett
13 Glasby
14 Watson
15 Sione
16 JSaf
17 King
This is assuming Gavet, Ese’ese, Guerra, Levi, Griff and we sign up young players to develop and not soso players who are promised positions but don’t make it.
It’s not a bad side but we probably will lack depth.

Yosh

Coach
Serious question:

Do we have any players signed up to play centre or wing next year?

Latest posts