What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is why we hate the storm

Joeboy

Juniors
asofa solomona has been running with his elbow cocked and arm raised all season. I posted about it weeks ago.

One of the dirtiest players in the game.

Despite the referees eroding the quality of some games, the coaches and by extension, the players should shoulder more responsibility on how the game is played, this would then change how it is refereed

KOMORI

Juniors
Simple fact is that unless they get penalised... why would they stop?

They’ve perfected a tackling technique, utilising several players, that allows them to trap the ball runner, hold him immobilised until the “held” call, and then topple the player to the ground. Optimally, it takes two players to hold and one to topple him late, all of which buys seconds of time to get the defensive line set and ready.

One player then retreats directly behind the ruck whilst the other two climb off as slowly as possible and move into the marker position.

And it’s all legal. To be honest, whilst it shits me to tears, I can’t help but have a twinge of admiration for how well they manipulate the rules and officials to their advantage and how well they use this play to “normalise” the ruck speed from the first set off the game..

Referees seem loath to penalise them in the ruck, so once they’ve got away with it early in the game they tend to allow that “ruck tempo” to continue the rest of the game and this is to their advantage in a massive fashion...

The other grubby tactics?? f**ken kick the merkins out, or let punches be thrown. The shit they get away with now would have seen them break the cap in dentistry alone many years ago ffs. The players would have sorted it out “unofficially” :joy:

lazza

Juniors
best to let punches be thrown or for a player to just lie down and slow the ruck way way down to control the tempo