What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels V our Bogey teams.

Eelogical

Referee
Who are our bogey teams and how many of them do we have? Are we more susceptible to teams based on their location rather than their ability or are we just complacent when we're on the road? Our record at certain grounds suggests we expect to lose, as if it's a given. Raiders in Canberra, Knights in Newcastle, Cowboys in Townsville just for starters. Maybe it's just that we don't play well away from home. Mental as anything.

Incorrect

Coach
I don't agree. Every team seems to struggle against certain teams for the most part, regardless of their position on the ladder.
+1

Remember when the Dragons just couldn't get one over the Raiders for about a decade, even the Bennett coached Dragons that dominated in 09 and 10 just couldn't get it done v the Raiders....

Eelogical

Referee
Eels bogey teams away from home.

Melbourne.
Roosters.
Rabbitohs.
Raiders.
Manly.
Penrith.
Broncos.
Bulldogs.
St George.
Tigers.
Cowboys.
Titans.
Sharks.
Knights.
Warriors.
I expected this type of response, but I digress. On the whole,our bogey teams seem to be more prevalent the further away we play from Parra. Is this a mental thing? I'm actually curious about this.

Eelogical

Referee
+1

Remember when the Dragons just couldn't get one over the Raiders for about a decade, even the Bennett coached Dragons that dominated in 09 and 10 just couldn't get it done v the Raiders....
Yep. I'm just fostering thoughts on why that is the case.

Noise

Coach
I expected this type of response, but I digress. On the whole,our bogey teams seem to be more prevalent the further away we play from Parra. Is this a mental thing? I'm actually curious about this.

You are right. We haven’t won in Perth for 20 something years.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
We dont have any bogey teams at the moment. We can beat any team. Equally we can shit the bed against any team.

Bandwagon

Staff member

Our record against the Broncos at Suncorp ( not including lang park ) is 7 wins from 15 games, whilst over the same period our record at Parramatta ( Inc Bankwest )is 5 from 12

Our overall record in the same period ( 2003 on ) is 13 from 27

So if we beat the Donkeys in a coupla weeks time, we'll be 14/28 total, and 8/16 at Suncorp.

Which would suggest we're a 50/50 chance no matter where we play them

T.S Quint

Coach
I would say Canberra but we do have a decent record against them at ‘home’ lately.

Cowboys? Can’t beat them up there. How’s our record agains them down here?

I’ve got it. Roosters. When was the last time we beat them?

Bandwagon

Staff member
I think more importantly as marker we are now a side that prefers to play on a surface with longer grass.

Ala Bankwest and ANZ,

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I would say Canberra but we do have a decent record against them at ‘home’ lately.

Cowboys? Can’t beat them up there. How’s our record agains them down here?

I’ve got it. Roosters. When was the last time we beat them?

Latest posts