What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
The author of the piece pretty much confirmed to me it’s us.

We definitely have space now Maloney is going. (And likely more if Whare & RCG goes)

Would be a good signing if true I just don't know if we can compete in a bidding war with desperate clubs. RCG going would get the deal done not so Whare as we need to replace him and go after Scott in that case

Would be a good signing if true I just don't know if we can compete in a bidding war with desperate clubs. RCG going would get the deal done not so Whare as we need to replace him and go after Scott in that case

We may not need to compete in a bidding war, some of the other clubs interested are basket cases.

Even if Whare leaves I still see Hooker as more important.

The Tyrone Peachey rumours keep going up and down like a yo-yo. A few weeks ago it was almost certain that Peachey was coming back to the Panthers in 2020, but over the weekend reports emerged that he may be willing to stick it out on the Gold Coast under new coach Justin Holbrook. This week however I’ve heard that the Peachey deal is still on. Penrith will certainly have the money, but still believe Peachey is over-priced.
https://westernweekender.com.au/2019/08/masked-panther-barrett-to-return-to-penrith/

Perhaps Peachey claiming he wants to stay on the GC is all about seeing how keen we are for him?

ACTPanthers

Bench
Call me crazy but I think Katoa still has potential with some decent coaching.
You're crazy... :p

The Tyrone Peachey rumours keep going up and down like a yo-yo. A few weeks ago it was almost certain that Peachey was coming back to the Panthers in 2020, but over the weekend reports emerged that he may be willing to stick it out on the Gold Coast under new coach Justin Holbrook. This week however I’ve heard that the Peachey deal is still on. Penrith will certainly have the money, but still believe Peachey is over-priced.
https://westernweekender.com.au/2019/08/masked-panther-barrett-to-return-to-penrith/

Perhaps Peachey claiming he wants to stay on the GC is all about seeing how keen we are for him?
Would love to have Peach back, but I honestly don't think we really need him... If the price is right though... Maybe

Kilkenny

Coach

Much as I loved Peachy we should NOT be bringing him back to the club and spending our hard earned free cap space on other areas.

It never made any sense when it was first discussed and makes even less sense now.

franklin2323

Immortal
There’s a pretty strong whisper doing the rounds that former Manly coach Trent Barrett could be returning to Penrith next season, potentially as an assistant to Ivan Cleary. Barrett and Cleary worked together during Cleary’s first stint as coach of the Panthers. Watch this space.

I thought Barrett and Ivan didn't get along?

No the opposite. I said a few weeks ago him or Garth would be back

Kilkenny

Coach
There’s a pretty strong whisper doing the rounds that former Manly coach Trent Barrett could be returning to Penrith next season, potentially as an assistant to Ivan Cleary. Barrett and Cleary worked together during Cleary’s first stint as coach of the Panthers. Watch this space.

I thought Barrett and Ivan didn't get along?

Ivan clearly needs a new assistant but surely there are more progressive, fresh, up and coming coaches out there who would be better suited.

Much like the Peachy rumours it largely just doesn’t make any sense to me.

Bob

Juniors
Ivan clearly needs a new assistant but surely there are more progressive, fresh, up and coming coaches out there who would be better suited.

Much like the Peachy rumours it largely just doesn’t make any sense to me.
The weekender says Barrett to the Panthers, Lurker says St.George as do a couple of other posters on the net, me I’d rather someone new who has a good tactical brain and can coach attack, let Ivan worry about defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts