What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's good on Netflix?

bileduct

Coach
Couldn't find a what's garbage on Netflix thread.

The Great Hack- another propaganda piece to try to prove Trump cheated and Hillary isn’t a snake.
Yeah, when I saw the preview for this it started off pretty interesting but then when it steered into Trump and Brexit I got the impression it would be more about the 2016 elections than any real examination of the vast quantities of data collected by Facebook, Google and others and what is done with it.

Turns out I was right. This documentary only superficially covers the issue of data privacy and instead makes excuses for the grand failures of the neoliberal machine against Trump and Brexit. It was like an insufferable Michael Moore film. There was one particularly egregious moment where it is falsely implied that there was a link between Brittany Kaiser meeting with Assange and Wikileaks releasing the DNC emails.

Cambridge Analytica were the Facebook version of robocall and pamphlet campaigns.

axl rose

Bench
The Witches- that transformation scene. Loved it as a kid and it holds up well enough.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
I just watched the first ep of season 1. I get the feeling I'm going to like this one.

Stick at it, best show on Netflix. I was worried it was going to be a shit American rip off of the Aussie movie but it’s great. The ending of season 2 is big but then ending of season 4 is absolutely insane.

t-ba

Post Whore
Wu Assassins

Can be very cheesy at times, and the lead actor cannot act at all - but the martial arts fight scenes are incredible.

Just before anyone thinks it's because it's his second language I would like to confirm that Iko Uwais can't act in Indonesian either!

I am enjoying it however.