What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 Vs the Donkeys

OldPanther

Coach
NRL stats guru David Middleton had better watch out it would appear you are after his job although I will say I don’t need to learn of the stats to know we are useless inside our opponents 20, are ill disciplined and make lot’s of errors.

Yeah most fans can see it by just watching. The interesting part for me is that we can dominate all but the very best in terms of field position. Only the top 2 or 3 teams could match us in a sustained arm wrestle if we could maintain our possession/error rate at a respectable level.

Edit: you might be dismissive but if people could see the team's issues they wouldn't be blaming the ref BEFORE the game.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
We have terrible completions and errors(obviously these are linked) as standard. It's something the club needs to address. At a guess I would say we are costing ourselves at least 2 or 3 games a year because of it and that's a modest estimate. We are a very good team at getting down field when we control things. We are also bottom 5 for attack inside the 20m if the analysts are to be believed and I do since it cost us the Raiders and Dogs games recently among other things.

If we fix errors and attack we become top 4 based on various stats. The question is why are they bad and how to fix them

The errors stem all the way down the grades. If I had to put on a finger on it I would say the time we train. Always so sunny in the training pics yet we rarely play day games

OldPanther

Coach
The errors stem all the way down the grades. If I had to put on a finger on it I would say the time we train. Always so sunny in the training pics yet we rarely play day games

Interesting theory. Broncos struggle to win during the day. Wonder if there is something in it.

OldPanther

Coach
The club decided the Panther logos on the weights was more of a priority :p

Well you don't want the Eels sneaking down the road and taking them.

giphy.gif

Panfa

Juniors
Its either burns or whare for bench just incase the young guy chrichton goes down we need a back on the bench whare could also cover hooker i reckon if needed.

10Grand

Juniors
We are coming off the best result of the season beating the Sharks but Iam so very afraid of loosing to the Broncos,Not many fond memories of winning in Brisbane plus those refs plus that Pain in the Haas & his frontrow mate also throw in those edge rowers who when in the mood are match winner's,heck even that worst player in queensland history Darius has 1 to many try assist against us and lets not forget their highest paid player The Milf,so all these hurdles and I have not even mentioned the 50/50 calls..like Homer Simpson would say Save us Jebus..

DrStange

Juniors
Latest rumours re tonight's game.
Chrichton only 50/50 after injuring his ankle at training on Tuesday. Whare will come in if he doesn't play.
Burns definitely a chance to play and a decision will be announced soon.
Regarding peter Wallace i believe he will coach one of the junior rep teams next year probably SG ball as his introduction to coaching