What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2SM and Talkin' Sport.

Brutus

Referee
I love Bruiser for the fact he grates on Hughes and the fact that if people whinge about the show being too RL based, Hughes tells them to ring and discuss other sports.

Bruiser is the only one who takes that advice to regularly ring and corners Hughes with his own words.

I hate Bruiser. One the biggest gronks on radio.

Brutus

Referee
Does f**king Gerard Condon even watch rugby league?

He continues to pronounce the young Roosters' hooker as Verilis. Now Raiders' centre BJ Leilua is apparently part of the Leuluai clan. The sad thing is Tunks and Hughes repeated his gaffe.

Generalzod

Immortal
Does f**king Gerard Condon even watch rugby league?

He continues to pronounce the young Roosters' hooker as Verilis. Now Raiders' centre BJ Leilua is apparently part of the Leuluai clan. The sad thing is Tunks and Hughes repeated his gaffe.
People ringing up for an opinion on a game only for Hughes to say nah I didn’t watch the match....

Tiger5150

Bench
Very very cringey moment on the program today. Not for the first time a bloke calling himself Mr L calls in making out he is a first grader that has played with Tunks & Hughes. Today Hughes calls him out asks him to give him a clue of who he is. Mr L tells a story (clearly making it up as he goes along) where Graeme Hughes was playing Jersey Flegg in 1982 (He was in first grade at the time) and supposedly they had a fight and supposedly Hughes tried to end the fight by kissing him. Turns out Mr L is just a weird creepy stalker with homo erotic fantasies about Graeme.

The Marshall

Juniors
I know it’s been mentioned before in this thread but I have been finishing work a little later these days and how much better is the show with Gary Belcher and Scott Sattler. It is miles ahead of the crap produced by the Heaps and the boys.

Generalzod

Immortal
Anyone listened to today show I’m certain this bloke has called before and spoke to Hughes, in regards to some mental issues he copped from playing Rugby league, the same bloke called today carrying on about the same issue without being rude the panel just shrugged him off...

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
How will the boys cope without Ger Condoms tips and rumours?!?
Now they really have dropped the G lol, I wonder what triggered this? , in one of the twits he response that it was his choice that he pulled the pin..Maybe he wasn’t getting the patronage he thought he’ll get by appearing on the show.

Last edited:

The Marshall

Juniors
Now they really have dropped the G lol, I wonder what triggered this? , in one of the twits he response that it was his choice that he pulled the pin..Maybe he wasn’t getting the patronage he thought he’ll get by appearing on the show.
The majority of listeners couldn't wouldn't know how to write a email let alone get online to sign up for his rubbish punting tips so I'd say he didn't get the return on paying for his airtime. I don't think he ever tipped anything over $2.

Haha, he was the last vestige of comedy on that show.

How was the bloke yesterday who rang up asking about the English forward that the Dogs are looking at from St. Helens, and neither Tunks or Heaps knew anything about him... Don't watch Superleague or Internationals?

Maybe I should ring up and kindly ask a question do you guys actually watch the game???

Granted they are Rugby League "personalities" so I wouldn't expect them to be across every sport on the planet (get f**ked Bruiser,) but considering 95% of the chat is Rugby League how on Earth do they not keep abreast of the happenings in League or watch at least 50% of the games?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Please tell me Someone else just heard Dragons fan ‘Simon’ ?!?!

Simon ‘do you think we’ll make the top 4 this year?’

Pappy ‘no mate not even top 8’

Simons ‘ohh what? But we’ve got the best pack in the game, remember 2010 wasn’t that long ago’

Pappy ‘Mate it was a decade ago!’

Simon ‘no it wasn’t, only 5 or 6 years ago’

Pappy ‘Simon it’s 2020, it was 10 years ago!’

Simon ‘ohh ok so maybe 7 or 8 years’

I have no words

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
Please tell me Someone else just heard Dragons fan ‘Simon’ ?!?!

Simon ‘do you think we’ll make the top 4 this year?’

Pappy ‘no mate not even top 8’

Simons ‘ohh what? But we’ve got the best pack in the game, remember 2010 wasn’t that long ago’

Pappy ‘Mate it was a decade ago!’

Simon ‘no it wasn’t, only 5 or 6 years ago’

Pappy ‘Simon it’s 2020, it was 10 years ago!’

Simon ‘ohh ok so maybe 7 or 8 years’

I have no words
Yeah heard that funny stuff, What was funny when John called giving it to the Sharks over buying Dugan, Pappy kinda reminded him of Ben Hunt lol

no name

Coach
I wondered if the show was back on after the break, so tuned in and got to hear two whole calls on the way home today.

I’m not sure how they got away without declaring the first call being a paid advertisement for AFL, AFLW and the Giants.
Robbo and the caller were pulling themselves silly over the Giants and how great the women’s game is and how good of a bloke Toby Greene is even though he kicks people in the face.

Second caller started banging on about how solar panels won’t create enough power for the waterfront. It was a perfect segue into hearing the Boomer opinions of the panel. It was great to hear Robbo imply that people that care about the environment would only play ping pong or lawn bowls.

Those two calls will keep me going for a few months now.

Latest posts