What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

OldPanther

Coach
I agree with @OldPanther on this one - Seibold was right in sticking up for his player (even if the criticism was deserved), but to throw another player, from another team, into the firing line was the absolute wrong way to go about it.

Exactly. I admire the loyalty just not how he did it.

The comparison was on runs/metres gained last weekend in relation to press coverage.

If Seibold was asked a follow up question: 'Do you believe Darius is as good as Luke Keary?'...then this wouldn't even be a story. Seibold would freely admit who is better and the Roosters wouldn't have an opportunity to have a cry.

And I'd bet Keary isn't actually upset. It's just a smokescreen for Tedesco. And a bit of muscle flexing because the Broncos are shit and they don't want to antagonize the Storm too much right now.

Yes he is comparing the running stats of his player who's been highly criticised for the last 2 years to a half who had 6 weeks out recently with bad concussion and should be expected to be way down on usual.

Fangs

Coach
Yes he is comparing the running stats of his player who's been highly criticised for the last 2 years to a half who had 6 weeks out recently with bad concussion and should be expected to be way down on usual.

Put it this way. I'd be extremely surprised if Luke Keary is remotely upset by his comments. There was nothing in it and even if there was you need a thicker skin to play NRL.

The fact Keary blew up about it suggests that he is pissed. 'I don't care what he thinks' is very unsubtle code for stfu.

That, or it's a distraction for something else.

OldPanther

Coach
Put it this way. I'd be extremely surprised if Luke Keary is remotely upset by his comments. There was nothing in it and even if there was you need a thicker skin to play NRL.

The fact Keary blew up about it suggests that he is pissed. 'I don't care what he thinks' is very unsubtle code for stfu.

That, or it's a distraction for something else.

I haven't seen Keary's comments on it so no idea with that part.

Fangs

Coach
I haven't seen Keary's comments on it so no idea with that part.

Luke Keary:

“I don’t really care to be honest. It’s a little bit odd. I don’t know him, I’ve never spoke to him.

“I don’t care what he says. I don’t care what he thinks.”

Cooper Cronk referred to Keary as an 'angry ant'. That is far more disparaging and they probably aren't on speaking terms anymore.

franklin2323

Immortal
Seibold doesn't make the comments if they are flying. He is clearly using it to fire the team up. He like most people would take Keary as 5/8th in a heartbeat

OldPanther

Coach
Luke Keary:

“I don’t really care to be honest. It’s a little bit odd. I don’t know him, I’ve never spoke to him.

“I don’t care what he says. I don’t care what he thinks.”

Cooper Cronk referred to Keary as an 'angry ant'. That is far more disparaging and they probably aren't on speaking terms anymore.

Sounds like a typical media beat up

Panfa

Juniors
Last time he worked here i heard he was the brains behind our attack trent barrett i dont mind him coming back we need something and hes got the experience.

Latest posts