What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldPanther

Coach
Brennan would be a no brainer to bring back. He was an awesome 20s and NSW Cup coach and should be a good NRLassistant too.

Barrett makes no sense. The only time our 20s failed completely the past decade or sowas his year with them.

This fills me with confidence.

giphy.gif

Panther Mick

Juniors
Brennan would be a no brainer to bring back. He was an awesome 20s and NSW Cup coach and should be a good NRLassistant too.

Barrett makes no sense. The only time our 20s failed completely the past decade or sowas his year with them.

He handled DCE/Hastings scuffle poorly too.

Fangs

Coach
If we miss out on Korisau then Segeyaro is an okay alternative. Plenty of upside. His off field stuff isn't welcome though.

100% better option than Isaac Luke however. He is one guy I think is past it.

kinghippo

Juniors
Do we really want him? It’s been a long time since he’s played well.
I am on the fence about Seg but I doubt he will be on big dollars and is a real handful at his best.
I have always thought there must be a big skeleton in his closet, he was to good not to find a spot for the last few years without something holding him back.
Welch is a good solid player but isn’t he out with a repeat ACL?
He could be a great buy but the injury history is a concern.

franklin2323

Immortal

Jason Taylor is a dud coach but good assistant at Roosters. Kidwell at Storm the same..

2017 he coached an NRL side that scored 552 points... The Ivan coached 2014 team or 2011 GF team never got to such levels. He can't coach defence. Ivan can't coach attack but together... Who knows

mxlegend99

Referee
Jason Taylor is a dud coach but good assistant at Roosters. Kidwell at Storm the same..

2017 he coached an NRL side that scored 552 points... The Ivan coached 2014 team or 2011 GF team never got to such levels. He can't coach defence. Ivan can't coach attack but together... Who knows
Robinson and Bellamy are fantastic coaches. Any assistant would look decent.

Hopefully assistant is more his thing though. I just dont understand how he has ever been rated.

I’d be training up Burton in the off season in other positions. Luai is still likely to start the season at 5/8 and Burton looks good enough to play in the centres or fullback.

If Luai doesn’t work out then you can shift Burton in.

OldPanther

Coach
I’d be training up Burton in the off season in other positions. Luai is still likely to start the season at 5/8 and Burton looks good enough to play in the centres or fullback.

If Luai doesn’t work out then you can shift Burton in.

I said in 2020 thread. The spine:

1. Burton
6. Luai
7. Cleary
9. Egan or buy someone.

Can put Edwards at centre or something to use his strong running game.

I said in 2020 thread. The spine:

1. Burton
6. Luai
7. Cleary
9. Egan or buy someone.

Can put Edwards at centre or something to use his strong running game.

Only thing is we haven’t seen Burton under the high ball yet, doubt he’d be fullback in round 1.

I’d ease him in at centre and go from there, there’s no rush.

Edwards at centre is equally an unknown, defending in the line needs a lot of practice.

Flashstep

Juniors
Does Burton even have any experience at fullback? Maybe he has the skills to play it an attacking sense but the last thing we need is a defensive liability at fullback, for or all of Moylans strengths he had big issues defensively, Burton could be the same.

Burton is only 19, he provides competition for Luai and it’s probably better for him to get some experience in NSW Cup.

Does Burton even have any experience at fullback? Maybe he has the skills to play it an attacking sense but the last thing we need is a defensive liability at fullback, for or all of Moylans strengths he had big issues defensively, Burton could be the same.

Burton is only 19, he provides competition for Luai and it’s probably better for him to get some experience in NSW Cup.

If Luai settles in well to 5/8 they may be forced to try Burton someone else. He looks too good to be running around in reserves for long.

Kilkenny

Coach
The amount of players we have let go or are supposedly shopping around will we actually have enough players to fill at top 30?

Of course the other issue with Burton at fullback is this Charlie Staines looks a talent as well, and then there’s Daine Laurie.

Staines I guess could come in to FG on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.