What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is why we hate the storm

mongoose

Coach
pfft the only reason they got penalised 9 times in a row was because they were against Souffs, if it was against the Warriors the Storm would have been penalised twice at most

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Even when they are winning he goes mental .... demands perfection. Love it.

Exactly, so you would do well to be fair dinkem terrified when he and Smith are gone and done with the game, because I give the club.......4 years, drifting in the also ran section of the ladder before people start comparing the state they are in to the Titans today.

Your best hope is Smith becoming coach almost immediately and acting like a Bellamy clone, if that's even possible.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Exactly, so you would do well to be fair dinkem terrified when he and Smith are gone and done with the game, because I give the club.......4 years, drifting in the also ran section of the ladder before people start comparing the state they are in to the Titans today.

Your best hope is Smith becoming coach almost immediately and acting like a Bellamy clone, if that's even possible.

They’ll be crap when Cronk is gone
They’ll be crap when slater is gone
Now it’s when smith and Bellamy are gone
Then it’ll be when Munster, smith and Croft are gone lol

Reflector

Juniors
1. Cameron Smith's quasi refereeing techniques.
2. Cameron Munster's smugness and sense of self importance.
3. Rodney Howe's drug cheating - little mention of this lately.
4. Billy Slater's leading with his feet and knees.
5. Jordan McLean's tackle on Alex MacKinnon.
6. Storm's tactics in defence, especially excessive holding down in the tackle.
7. Storm's fan base in Melbourne who are ex AFL followers who have zero knowledge of the game.

Need I say more? Probably.

Definitely:

#8:

"MAAAAAHLBUN!" *cowbell* *cowbell* *cowbell* "MAAAAAAALBUN!" *cowbell* *cowbell* *cowbell*

#9:

Craig Bellamy and his culture of grubbiness. You think it was just a coincidence NSW played the most grubby, negative football those 3 years he was running the team?

Reflector

Juniors
8. That stupid f#ckn cowbell......

F**k, beat me to it. To me that sound is synonymous with chicken wings, grapples and being held down for 10 seconds in each tackle with no penalty blown. Then the player held down in the tackle pushes one of the tackling players off him= penalty Storm.

SBD82

Coach
They’ll be crap when Cronk is gone
They’ll be crap when slater is gone
Now it’s when smith and Bellamy are gone
Then it’ll be when Munster, smith and Croft are gone lol
I don’t think I’ve ever been guilty of saying any of the above.

What I will say, is that when Bellamy is gone, it’s going to take someone very special to take over the reins if they want to maintain their dominance. The fact that they haven’t gone backwards despite losing Cronk and Slater amongst others is a testament to how good he is. I can’t see who could replace him.

Quicksilver

Bench
I don’t think I’ve ever been guilty of saying any of the above.

What I will say, is that when Bellamy is gone, it’s going to take someone very special to take over the reins if they want to maintain their dominance. The fact that they haven’t gone backwards despite losing Cronk and Slater amongst others is a testament to how good he is. I can’t see who could replace him.

I'm hearing Flanno.

Silent Knight

First Grade

The Donkeys still won't win a damn thing.

myrrh ken

First Grade
How about the NRL giving Barb a $15K diamond ring? Wonder if that's declared in the salary cap?

“We make no apologies for honouring the amazing role Barb has played and the sacrifices she has made throughout Cameron’s career.

There are former players doing it tough from injuries sustained in an occupation they devoted themselves, where a gift like that would go a long way. Compared to Smiths who have probably financially made the most out of the NRL.

justdave

Juniors
How about the NRL giving Barb a $15K diamond ring? Wonder if that's declared in the salary cap?

“We make no apologies for honouring the amazing role Barb has played and the sacrifices she has made throughout Cameron’s career.

There are former players doing it tough from injuries sustained in an occupation they devoted themselves, where a gift like that would go a long way. Compared to Smiths who have probably financially made the most out of the NRL.
Just been reading the demented Storm supporters on Farcebook saying she deserved it for all the hardship she’s had to go through. :rofl:

Most of the Storm supporters in here are good but f**k me, they’re a special bunch on FB

So it's a gift from the NRL?
But clubs are not allowed to give gifts to family members of players?
Not even a low priced airfare for a son to watch his father play live for the first time. Remember when the NRL threw Fui Fui's sons airfare on the cap?

This is why people hate the Storm. Favouritism, or perceived favouritism, whichever floats your boat.

What I would be questioning is the timing of the story. His 400th was a little while ago now, story wasn't on then. Women in League round this weekend....methinks there might be a little political savvy trying to be brewed here by Mr. Greenburgh and the NRL.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Even Im perplexed why the NRL would do that. Its very weird! Todd got a thing for Barb I wonder?

Of more concern who in NRLHQ continually leaks these stories, they clearly have an agenda to undermine the sport or the NRL management.

Latest posts