What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett to Panthers

merahputih

Juniors
Was Barrett ever really a chance of coming back anyway? He didn't exactly leave us on good terms as a player back at the end of 2006.
I was at a number of games at WIN Stadium in those days when Barrett was booed off the field by a small but noisy group of fans if we lost a game. I heard from people in the know that he was bitter about this treatment and doesn't hold fond memories of his time with the joint venture.

Old Timer

Coach
As a first guess, I’d say Trent, Ben & Dean do...
How typical of you to go to the end of the earth to find a way to critique someones post.
Well for the record it's my post in a forum that Barrett, Hornby or Young will probably never read.
So you like them can go wherever you like without it making a bean of difference to the main game.
B y the way wherever it is that you might decide to go "get f**ked" whilst you're at it.

Gareth67

First Grade
Golly gosh - gee wiz ! :flushed: Now that has taken me by surprise , thought that he would surely be in the Dragons coaching ranks for next year . Still this piece of news is most encouraging as should the maestro continue on in his calamitous way then there may very well be a forced change with Mary finally saying goodbye .

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
How typical of you to go to the end of the earth to find a way to critique someones post.
Well for the record it's my post in a forum that Barrett, Hornby or Young will probably never read.
So you like them can go wherever you like without it making a bean of difference to the main game.
B y the way wherever it is that you might decide to go "get f**ked" whilst you're at it.
Why would you ask a question if that’s the response you give to people who answer it?

You are a peculiar creature..

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Golly gosh - gee wiz ! :flushed: Now that has taken me by surprise , thought that he would surely be in the Dragons coaching ranks for next year . Still this piece of news is most encouraging as should the maestro continue on in his calamitous way then there may very well be a forced change with Mary finally saying goodbye .
mary didn't want him there

merahputih

Juniors
My guess is:

Head will be promoted to assistant coach 1st grade.

Young will he given an opportunity to coach the CC on his own but maintain as defensive coach of 1st grade.

Hornby to seek experience elsewhere.
If this is the way things pan out, it would be the best thing ever for Hornby's prospects of developing as a coach. The others can choose to remain in the Dragons' Sheltered Workshop and follow in the footsteps of The Master Coach.

Fangs

Coach
I personally think the Dragons need someone who understands the club, an 'old boy' so to speak. Its what makes the Nathan Brown approach so enticing.

merahputih

Juniors
I personally think the Dragons need someone who understands the club, an 'old boy' so to speak. Its what makes the Nathan Brown approach so enticing.
All that is needed if for Brownie to be made an honorary member of the (dominant) Illawarra Faction and Bob's your Uncle!

ALSGI

Bench
Great news.

Seeing Barrett sook, whinge and drop his lip is far more enjoyable when he has nothing to do with the Dragons.

Interesting though, was he offered an Assistant gig with McFade and then chose Cleary instead? Or was it the hair salons in Penriff?

RedVDragon

Juniors
I was at a number of games at WIN Stadium in those days when Barrett was booed off the field by a small but noisy group of fans if we lost a game. I heard from people in the know that he was bitter about this treatment and doesn't hold fond memories of his time with the joint venture.
We don’t have any memories of him either. The only one I have is the one Brownie slapping him for being a crap player and of him crying like a baby. .