What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARL Logos...

beagle

Juniors
I think all the retail jerseys from 97 were different to the players jersey badges

I've got a 1997 jersey with the ARL logo

IMG-0173.jpg

kdalymc

Bench
subliminated NRL logo
were still stitched for a few more years, just no green box.

Anyway, whos keen for another funny one...?

Ive just heard from the horses mouth, wont mention names, but a origin and test player who was a marquee signing for the Crushers (i became interested in the Crushers aspect as im yet to find a pic from 96 with the full shield...) that "the Crushers were so stint by 1996 already, that they RE-USED THEIR 1995 JERSEYS, and simply attached the Optus and Yes badges to these"

jesus...
however what stumped me further is the pic of Gilly in that famous blue away jersey that they only wore once (?) in 96- it has the full shield..
Were they so tight they could not afford new jerseys for 96, but COULD afford a full new set of the blue, but then only wore these once??

Or just attached a full green shield over the top? as i have seen photos of the blue from another game, but unsure on year...

full on though

ComradePanda

Juniors
comp badging from 96-99 is an absolute mess on retail jerseys, especially stuff made by classic.

they would reuse stock from year to year and just chuck whatever badges on they had around, there are 99 jerseys with updated sponsor logos with 98 NRL badging.
most 97 retail jerseys didnt have the full ARL badging, only teams that had multiple runs of merchandise made have the correct ARL badging.
most 96 jerseys will have the full Optus logo but there are exceptions;

this is a jersey that was worn in round 21!
4KkCYWX.jpg

kdalymc

Bench
comp badging from 96-99 is an absolute mess on retail jerseys, especially stuff made by classic.

they would reuse stock from year to year and just chuck whatever badges on they had around, there are 99 jerseys with updated sponsor logos with 98 NRL badging.
most 97 retail jerseys didnt have the full ARL badging, only teams that had multiple runs of merchandise made have the correct ARL badging.
most 96 jerseys will have the full Optus logo but there are exceptions;

this is a jersey that was worn in round 21!
4KkCYWX.jpg
Ha that is actually the best looking format of all- no green box or green patches..

Epic info, yeah the plot thickens hey...