What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will you be on the Day Cameron Smith plays his 400th NRL Game?

Springs09

Juniors
We need things like this to keep players in the game. If we don't spend the money we might lose more 36-year-olds to union or NFL.

SBD82

Coach
I’m as happy as anyone to lay the boot into that grubby f**k.

But honestly? Who gives a f**k?

SBD82

Coach
Anyone who cares about fairness in the NRL?
The bloke just played 400 games for the NRL and his wife was given a ring.

I’m super happy for every bloke that plays 400 games to get a ring for his wife, his mistress and his boyfriend if the NRL want to do it. But he was the first to do it so it probably won’t happen.

The bloke is an A grade turd. But if the game isn’t celebrating achievements like this properly, they’re doing themselves a disservice.

AJB1102

First Grade
The bloke just played 400 games for the NRL and his wife was given a ring.

I’m super happy for every bloke that plays 400 games to get a ring for his wife, his mistress and his boyfriend if the NRL want to do it. But he was the first to do it so it probably won’t happen.

The bloke is an A grade turd. But if the game isn’t celebrating achievements like this properly, they’re doing themselves a disservice.

Not sure a $15k ring to his spouse on the quiet is really achieving anything.

Who gives another bloke's wife a $15k ring anyway?

Lambretta

First Grade
The NRL have given a ring as a gift to Barbara Smith for recognition for her efforts as the woman behind the man.

I believe that the NRL is taking a step towards greater recognition for the Women in our game and this is a part of a wider pattern to reconise the people who make our game great.

Things such as expanding the Immortals, setting rules around induction to the Hall of Fame including non players such as Ray Warren.

Most other Roosters fans seem to think its another Storm gift, exemption from the salary cap, Cam Smith getting what he wants from the NRL, an offence because a Roosters player's wife wasn't recognised, a kick in the teeth for bush footy, an offense to every other woman who hasn't been recognised etc etc

My main criticism is that it was a rather expensive present. Other than that , I thought it was nice during Women in League round that a woman was recognised

Tboughts?