What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 Vs the Donkeys

Port Panther

Juniors
The problem is the lack of completions and predictable plays out to kikau all the time and i know we dont have much strike elsewhere but attack sucks this year .

DaveMc

Juniors
i hope you’re joking
No dude, it was the ref’s fault, not the terrible handling, awful defence and rudderless attack. I’m always told on here that Klein hates the Panthers, so I can only figure that the result would’ve been different if there was a decent referee. And because Klein hates Penrith, I can only assume that the two Broncos players who were sin-binned by Klein was a low number.

Flashstep

Juniors
This is what happens when a club tries to build around young juniors and doesn’t add experience and quality from the outside, this is the kind of shit well see for years because we always bring in the next young kid. But this is the problem it’s impossible to build any consistency with a bunch of kids who are constantly in danger of being replaced.

We will see shit like the game against Cronulla and back it up with performances like this against Brisbane because every young NRL team has consistency issues, Brisbane, Newcastle etc etc.

Over the past few years we’ve lost a wealth of experience and class and have just hoped our juniors could step up and replace it all, fact is our team has just gotten worse and worse and now we’re in a big hole.

Girds89

Bench
Katoa may have missed one or two important tackles but he offers so much more than both egan and kenny. He's actually dangerous in attack which is something we obviously desperately need. He cops a lot of hate on this forum and i dont get why. Yeah he missed a few tackles but so does kenny and egan. At least he offers something in attack and can actually hit cleary or his forwards on the chest and get them going forward.

franklin2323

Immortal
This is what happens when a club tries to build around young juniors and doesn’t add experience and quality from the outside, this is the kind of shit well see for years because we always bring in the next young kid. But this is the problem it’s impossible to build any consistency with a bunch of kids who are constantly in danger of being replaced.

We will see shit like the game against Cronulla and back it up with performances like this against Brisbane because every young NRL team has consistency issues, Brisbane, Newcastle etc etc.

Over the past few years we’ve lost a wealth of experience and class and have just hoped our juniors could step up and replace it all, fact is our team has just gotten worse and worse and now we’re in a big hole.

To be fair none of those that left kicked on. For me it comes to depth guys. Just rely on kids instead of proven guys

chrisD

Coach
Katoa may have missed one or two important tackles but he offers so much more than both egan and kenny.
yeah so much more. He also passes the ball behind our first receiver all the f**king time, and gets to dummy half late. He’s got every string to his bow.

franklin2323

Immortal
He's on a mil or very close and was brought to the club to "wins big games"...those have been all his worst. Complete dud of a buy

He was bought to be the final piece not carry a bunch of kids. He has played more rep games then the edge backrower and centre on that side has FG games.

Marky Mark

Juniors
The problem is the lack of completions and predictable plays out to kikau all the time and i know we dont have much strike elsewhere but attack sucks this year .
I really wonder what Ivan does all year. What set plays or other strategies is he proposing to the boys? The opposition have no problem in neutralising everything we put forward week after week.

In a parallel world what would someone like Bellamy do with our team?

Dave's mate

Juniors
He was bought to be the final piece not carry a bunch of kids. He has played more rep games then the edge backrower and centre on that side has FG games.
Any rep level veteran takes that game by the balls and we win in a canter. Jimmy just gave away dumb penalties...yet again

franklin2323

Immortal
Give it a rest. He's worth two of Cleary. He is many things, but a pea heart he isn't.

When we bought him we were a completely different team then now. Even older guys like Whare, Mansour and RCG are shadows of the players they were when he was signed