What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 Vs the Donkeys

age.s

First Grade
Cleary and Maloney are oil and water. It'd be harsh on Maloney who's clearly someone who puts in for the club but given he's gone next year we should be rushing Luai into an 80 minute role the second he's ready.

Tough to blame it on the halves though. Our handling was atrocious as was our decision making. We got rolled up the middle for the majority of the game and our left edge played like turnstiles. There are so many problems that the only reasonable thing to do is to look to next year. Even if we scrape into the finals Manly or Parra will destroy us.

I don't know how to feel about Katoa. He's comfortably the most natural hooker we have imo. Good service, some deception and a good feel for when to run. He changed the game when he came on. But he looks out of condition and that's not a good sign for a guy with talent who's on the fringe of dropping out of NRL contention. I hope he turns it around.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
This is the time I suppose that some bring out their personal knives to sink into indidvidual players. Broncos were always going to come out tonight hard after their press this week.

We were unable to go with them.

I'll leave the back stabbing to those who are more proficent than myself.

Kilkenny

Coach
I thought the effort was really good but execution and errors gave us little chance.

Really don’t understand the hate dished out to so many of our players when they are busting there guts.

We have too many players who are average, we lack pace and X factor. Been this way for a while.

hindy111

Post Whore
Mansour is far to slow to be in NRL. Too is great. Enough good players to work with for 2020 but this season looks done.
Naden doesnt impress me. I'd be searching for 2 new centers. Move Whare on.
Edward's played great.

unKwn

Juniors
Mansour is far to slow to be in NRL. Too is great. Enough good players to work with for 2020 but this season looks done.
Naden doesnt impress me. I'd be searching for 2 new centers. Move Whare on.
Edward's played great.
blake? you mean whare?

Won't get past week one of the finals but if Broncos lose to Rabbitohs and Eels in the next two weeks, which they definitely could, and we beat Cowboys and Knights we'll likely sneak in.

franklin2323

Immortal
Any rep level veteran takes that game by the balls and we win in a canter. Jimmy just gave away dumb penalties...yet again

Kenny passed the ball with 4 guys on him.

Liam Martin twice lost ball with no one on him.

To'o dumb pass over Leinu.

All got us to 6/13 completions by 30 min..

It was a terrible performance no single player could save it

The Realist

Juniors
Katoa may have missed one or two important tackles but he offers so much more than both egan and kenny. He's actually dangerous in attack which is something we obviously desperately need. He cops a lot of hate on this forum and i dont get why. Yeah he missed a few tackles but so does kenny and egan. At least he offers something in attack and can actually hit cleary or his forwards on the chest and get them going forward.

Kenny was getting completely worked over. He was struggling in the middle there, and his offensive output was hardly any better. Katoa did look very dangerous in attack however a few misses and it is all undone. Mind you, when we were getting cut up down the middle toward the end, our entire forward pack were shot. What the hell is Ivan doing with our interchange?

TheFrog

Coach
No dude, it was the ref’s fault, not the terrible handling, awful defence and rudderless attack. I’m always told on here that Klein hates the Panthers, so I can only figure that the result would’ve been different if there was a decent referee. And because Klein hates Penrith, I can only assume that the two Broncos players who were sin-binned by Klein was a low number.
Someone must have had a quiet word with Klein. If anything, we got the better of it. Still, a binning in the 79th minute when the game is over doesn't really count.

unKwn

Juniors
Won't get past week one of the finals but if Broncos lose to Rabbitohs and Eels in the next two weeks, which they definitely could, and we beat Cowboys and Knights we'll likely sneak in.
don’t even wanna make the finals. it will just paper of the cracks and we’ll be sent straight home week 1

mxlegend99

Referee
Katoa may have missed one or two important tackles but he offers so much more than both egan and kenny. He's actually dangerous in attack which is something we obviously desperately need. He cops a lot of hate on this forum and i dont get why. Yeah he missed a few tackles but so does kenny and egan. At least he offers something in attack and can actually hit cleary or his forwards on the chest and get them going forward.
He contibutes nothing to the scoreboard for our team. Is humiliated defensively by the opposition and concedes the try that makesthe game unwinnable.

Off kickoff leaves snother gaping hole yhat only didnt cost us due to 3 forward passes snd a knock on. Whyisnt he rated?

All our hookers are shit. But atleast Kenny can tackle. The service from them all is average more often than not. Katoa couldnt do shit against a tired forward pack. But even fresh hewasour biggest defensive liability in the middle

Dave's mate

Juniors
Kenny passed the ball with 4 guys on him.

Liam Martin twice lost ball with no one on him.

To'o dumb pass over Leinu.

All got us to 6/13 completions by 30 min..

It was a terrible performance no single player could save it
My point is mostly that Jimmy was signed to lead in big moments and he's completely failed. Pair that with he's own game which was awful. Been nothing but the same dumb penalties for 2 years now

Pomoz

Bench
In that complete cesspool of a match he was the worst.
You need your vision checked. Besides the try, Cleary was invisible. 55m including the try. He refused to run and take a tackle. He spotted no gaps for his outside players. . That last pass, summed him up. Clueless in attack and didn't want to dirty his shirt by running at the forwards. Maloney got smashed several times and guess what, he run for 134m getting belted every time. Yes he makes mistakes but that's because he does more than just turn the ball inside to Yeo or Kikau so they can get smashed.

chrisD

Coach
Yeah okay mate. I will watch that last 10 mins on Fox and time stamp it for you. In saying that I was shocked that Katoa couldn't close the gap.
He ran into the middle of Katoa’s f**king chest, then went by Katoa’s left side, Tamou was on Katoa’s right.