What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Stallion

First Grade
That's a strange crowd for Brisbane

It's a big drop! I suspect poor marketing and high ticket prices! Penrith are not one of the more popular established Sydney clubs, but they have drawn better than that in past seasons. Also think the Broncos humiliating loss to Melbourne peeved a fair few Broncos fans off and they showed it tonight with a no show.

Last edited:

VictoryFC

Bench
I wonder how many floating casuals attend Suncorp, or what kind of crossover there is with auskick. Loathe to say the auskick game tomorrow has affected this attendance, but I could see the cricket maybe keeping a few thousand away.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
That's a strange crowd for Brisbane
Not at all strange. I recall in 2015 against Penrith we got 24k. A Thursday and 2018 saw 21k.

A home final in 2017 we got 38k v Penrith. Penrith are not disliked in Brisbane, so people aren’t drawn to it.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I wonder how many floating casuals attend Suncorp, or what kind of crossover there is with auskick. Loathe to say the auskick game tomorrow has affected this attendance, but I could see the cricket maybe keeping a few thousand away.
The Auskick has all the hype and likely effected the corporate packages sold at Suncorp, for sure.

T-Boon

Coach
I think the lions are having their first complete sell out (single seats and all) since 09 finals

So what is the deal? The Lions win a few games and the town is an AFL town? Are they putting more effort in than the broncos when it comes to promotion?

If Brisbane is bored by the Broncos relocate them and get a couple of new teams in.

Stallion

First Grade
So what is the deal? The Lions win a few games and the town is an AFL town? Are they putting more effort in than the broncos when it comes to promotion?

If Brisbane is bored by the Broncos relocate them and get a couple of new teams in.

Brisbane absolutely needs another top flight rugby league club! None of the relocation talk. It can easily sustain and support another Brisbane based club in its own right. It's the Broncos that are stopping this must do addition to the NRL!

Last edited:

VictoryFC

Bench
Obviously it’s a league town through and through. But it’s pretty clear that that 15 years of mediocrity has morphed into some kind bandwagon/fad effect now that theyre competitive. Again, seems unlikely that Broncos fans are attending auskick games, but casual sports fans and corporates as SLR mentioned could be prioritising them over Broncs.

Still, 35-40k for Souths next week no doubt.

Valheru

Coach
Not at all strange. I recall in 2015 against Penrith we got 24k. A Thursday and 2018 saw 21k.

A home final in 2017 we got 38k v Penrith. Penrith are not disliked in Brisbane, so people aren’t drawn to it.

Is it a matter of not being disliked or do other Sydney clubs just have a bigger fanbase there?

Genuine question

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Promotion I would think mate. 1 v 2 this deep into a season would be massive in any city and sport.

If the broncos were running second and penrith were first we would have seen a much larger crowd last night.