What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 Vs the Donkeys

Flashstep

Juniors
Remember when people thought just getting rid of hook would fix the side? Same thing here. So many issues then just Maloney

Yep, the club and a lot of the fans thought we were one step away from being a T4 contender then one more step away from being a premiership contender, when the truth is we’ve stalled and are now going backwards, we don’t deserve to be Top 8 this season in fact we should be fighting for the spoon with some of the performances we’ve dished up.

We have a lot of glaring issues and I just hope they will be addressed sooner rather than later.

OldPanther

Coach
Old Panther and Dave's mate, was that Maloney's fault as well?

For me Maloney and Cleary just don't work as a pair. Maloney also stops playing when the money isn't there for him. His best form has always been right before origin and the $30,000 a game.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep, the club and a lot of the fans thought we were one step away from being a T4 contender then one more step away from being a premiership contender, when the truth is we’ve stalled and are now going backwards, we don’t deserve to be Top 8 this season in fact we should be fighting for the spoon with some of the performances we’ve dished up.

We have a lot of glaring issues and I just hope they will be addressed sooner rather than later.

I never once under hook thought we had the roster to be top 4 and gone backwards every year.
I trust the committee in charge now over just Gus to spot what is needed

Flashstep

Juniors
Lol so you admit that the momentum swung when katoa came on but dont think it had anything to do with katoa coming on. Haha ok

It’s not like Katoa came on and started doing something differently from Kenny, he came on at the end of the game and Brisbane were clearly tired, plus we were all defending amazingly well until Haas strolled right through the defensive line, a tackle katoa missed by the way.

chrisD

Coach
Hang on, you have a go at him for not taking Haas down one on one, but you give Tamou a pass for being too slow back on the inside and completely dropping off him? That will do me, you are not being impartial here.
yeah for sure Tamou should have understood Katoa would provide zero resistance and been ready to hurdle his corpse and make a bootlace cover tackle.

Flashstep

Juniors
I never once under hook thought we had the roster to be top 4 and gone backwards every year.
I trust the committee in charge now over just Gus to spot what is needed

Our team a few years back maybe but since then we’ve gotten worse and teams around us have gone out and brought in players and got better.

Honesty I doubt a club who decides to bring back Ivan just so they don’t lose an average halfback has the brains to move the club in the right direction.

Kilkenny

Coach
We need two quality outside backs, a front rower and dummy half before we can compete against the better sides.

A better game plan incorporating decent attacking structures and set plays is also needed although not sure where there going to come from.

franklin2323

Immortal
Why though? They hired Ivan again

Yeah but they are going to do everything to make sure Ivan is a success.

Matt Cameron was the one to recruit Hayne and co at Parra so has runs on the board.

Brandy is doing well as Origin selector and that gives him a friendship with elite players that should help.

Compare that to Gus who was a Dinosaur and got too close to players and was too set in getting only juniors in the squad

OldPanther

Coach
If you replace either half tonight do we win?

If Luai or Burton play instead of Maloney I think we do. They seem to add enough of what Cleary lacks without Cleary going missing. I wish I knew why it happens if it's a mental thing or something about Maloney's game but he absolutely negatively affects Cleary.

franklin2323

Immortal
Our team a few years back maybe but since then we’ve gotten worse and teams around us have gone out and brought in players and got better.

Honesty I doubt a club who decides to bring back Ivan just so they don’t lose an average halfback has the brains to move the club in the right direction.

2016 side was stacked in certain spots. But still had holes in key areas