What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R22 Fri - Broncos 24-12 Panthers @ Suncorp

Round 22: Broncos v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
MATCH REPORT - Broncos 24 Panthers 12:

Haas of Payne: Broncos steamroll Panthers to leapfrog them into seventh
Sam Bourke | August 16 2019 10:30PM

Brisbane Broncos v Penrith Panthers

Brisbane have taken another step towards finals footy keeping their finals hopes alive after defeating the Panthers 24-12 at Suncorp Stadium tonight.

Superstar rookie Payne Haas was outstanding and clinched the match with a rampaging run from 30 metres out, where he burst through three tackles and then over Panthers fullback Dylan Edwards to score a memorable try in front of his home fans.

The home side were outstanding when it mattered, with winger Jamayne Isaako also enjoying a night out with two tries and four goals in a strong performance from last year's Dally M Rookie of the Year.

Read the full match report - https://leagueunlimited.com/news/33927-broncos-v-panthers-report/

Reflector

Juniors
Can't remember the last time I saw a Broncos game at Suncorp where the refs tried so hard to get the other team over the line...

Seeing Payne Haas rip in last night was great to watch for every NSW fan out there! Really promising to see the sky blue talent coming through in nearly every position- bar the halves at this point.

*Edit*

How it must feel to be a Broncos fan, when the best players from your own backyard are going to Melbourne and the best players in your team are from NSW!

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Can't remember the last time I saw a Broncos game at Suncorp where the refs tried so hard to get the other team over the line...

Seeing Payne Haas rip in last night was great to watch for every NSW fan out there! Really promising to see the sky blue talent coming through in nearly every position- bar the halves at this point.

*Edit*

How it must feel to be a Broncos fan, when the best players from your own backyard are going to Melbourne and the best players in your team are from NSW!

Other than cam smith what other Melbourne players are from the broncos “back yard”?

This Year?

Immortal
I'm here, I'm queer, where is @This Year?
I'm hereeeeee *waving hand*. Glad your boys could get a win for ya. To me the game woke up when Turpin hit Maloney with the stiff arm. The Panthers looked like they were trying to score from every tackle and it enticed the Broncos to play. It makes me wonder how good they could be with a better spine and more consistent performances by the likes of Hass Fifita and TPJ. Was happy for Isaako too,