What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We need a fullback next year.

Dracarys

Juniors
It’s funny I saw an interview with John Lennon once and he was asked if ringo Starr was “the best drummer in world” to which Lennon replied “he’s not even the best drummer in the Beatles”lol
That’s the closest he ever got to giving Macca a compliment.

Gm5

Juniors
I have said it often plenty look good over there but not here anymore or never have looked good hereincluding coaches.
Steve Price is going good ovr there..bring him back to replace Mary..:p
If Coote was still any good you would think he would not be over there at his age...although Cowboys were sort of banking on Holmes. But no other NRL club through him a lifeline.
Pass from me re Coote...and Steve Price

can guarantee if players like Jonny Lomax of Tommy Makinson came over here they'd keep up if not surpass most players over here

redVinme

Bench
Oates seems farfetched and if we wanted a big powerful fullback that can't pass we'd put Saab there. (Lol we might). A Smart operator based on some rumours would pick up AJ Brimson and Curtis scott. A backline of

Brimson
Saab
Lomax
Scott
Ravalawa

I think would be cheap and full of future superstars honestly. With a good coach

BLM01

First Grade
can guarantee if players like Jonny Lomax of Tommy Makinson came over here they'd keep up if not surpass most players over here
Yes there are a couple that make it or could make it here and I never said no one cant....but plenty dont including NRL players that may want to come back that have to go over there to sustain a good income who were not wanted here

Wittenberg

Juniors
I don’t have any confidence in ANY decent player coming to St George in the off season. Maybe some average discards but no frontline recruits, but let’s play make believe, it can’t hurt, but probably is a waste of time.

Kiama_Dragon

Juniors
I don’t have any confidence in ANY decent player coming to St George in the off season. Maybe some average discards but no frontline recruits, but let’s play make believe, it can’t hurt, but probably is a waste of time.
Unfortunately I keep hearing that we’ve Signed Merrin for next season. Shame it’s not a fullback and two new centres.

BLM01

First Grade
Unfortunately I keep hearing that we’ve Signed Merrin for next season. Shame it’s not a fullback and two new centres.
Yes I heard that back in April but it was supposed to happen prior to June 30
Hence maybe why now the link also with David Furner coming as an assistant

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Thought I would post this here as it is a rumour on JA.
"Apparantly we have made enquiries about a very promising young back whose pathway is blocked by a standout in his position in the NRL. It is to fill a position we are weak in".
The player is under contract.

Its pretty broad as we are weak in nearly every position in our backline, however, I'm assuming this equates to fullback imo.

Some names thrown around are:
Tex Hoy - newcastle (blocked by Ponga).
Billy Smith - Roosters (blocked by Tedesco)
Ryan Papenhuyzen - Storm (not sure about this one being blocked by a standout)
Andre Niko - Raiders (blocked by CNK)

If they are fishing for a fullback and a young one at that, where does that leave the likes of Lomax, Sailor, Schiler and even Ramsey?

possm

Coach
Seeing Brett Morris tearing it up for the Chooks really pisses me off! The story goes that Millward, the esteemed Dragons recruitment officer, didn’t see the need to recruit any quality backs despite Nightingale’s pending retirement.

And apparently, MacDonald’s form was pleasing (at least to some folk anyway). This went pear shape once he decided he was “homesick” (a euphemism for “sick of Paul bloody McGregor”). History shows the decision to remain stagnant and acquire two bush standard wingers (Pearson and Ravalawa) has been spectacularly awful to the detriment of the team.

Even the so-called “lesser Morris”, Josh, would be a massive upgrade on the incumbents, Aitken and Lafai.

Effin’ frustrating how poorly the club is administered with no end in sight.
Both Morris boys are an upgrade on what we have at the Dragons.

getsmarty

Immortal
Both Morris boys are an upgrade on what we have at the Dragons.

We missed out on signing Brett already...that ship has sailed.........................although McGregor if he is still here, might sign him up when he is 37 and the roosters have moved on LOL

possm

Coach
Thought I would post this here as it is a rumour on JA.
"Apparantly we have made enquiries about a very promising young back whose pathway is blocked by a standout in his position in the NRL. It is to fill a position we are weak in".
The player is under contract.

Its pretty broad as we are weak in nearly every position in our backline, however, I'm assuming this equates to fullback imo.

Some names thrown around are:
Tex Hoy - newcastle (blocked by Ponga).
Billy Smith - Roosters (blocked by Tedesco)
Ryan Papenhuyzen - Storm (not sure about this one being blocked by a standout)
Andre Niko - Raiders (blocked by CNK)

If they are fishing for a fullback and a young one at that, where does that leave the likes of Lomax, Sailor, Schiler and even Ramsey?

I'm not sure what Millward has planned for the next few years. We do have a few young guns coming through however, if Mary is in charge they won't get a run for a couple of season.

I'd say young sailor is more a five-eighth than a fullback, so maybe Norman to fullback or left centre and Sailor to five-eighth in 2020.