What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benefits in the Broncos draw

pantherz9103

First Grade
I'm not saying that Penrith lost the game due to this (they lost it because they played crap and have no attacking plans) but I'll still be keen to see the NRL draw for 2020, especially the Broncos draw.

Penrith haven't had a home game against the Broncos since early 2016. So if Penrith have to travel to Suncorp again before receiving another home game against these lot, then fans should raise this scheduling issue with the NRL.

That and no other team gets 13 home games in a year except for the Broncos (with their 'away' game against Manly each year at Suncorp). The benefits for the Broncos in the draw aren't even subtle.

Somehow the Broncos also get to play 8 weeks straight in Queensland at a crucial time of the year.

Any draw where not everyone plays the other team twice is unfair to begin with, that's why a competition like the EPL is ideal..yet somehow a club like the Broncos still gets a pretty good deal.

Someguy

First Grade
NZ has got extra ‘home’ games in past seasons didn’t help them much. Though you do raise a good point with no panthers home v broncos in 3 years, schedule is garbage and needs to be totally reworked. Also playing a twice team 5 rounds apart in a 25 round season is broken imo

As a storm supporter I felt ripped that we used to get parramatta only once a season and often during origin.

VictoryFC

Bench
I said this in the other thread, so Ill repeat. Unbalanced schedule leagues need a finals system. The point of regular season is to remove the deadwood that isnt in contention for a premiership.

Panthers are teetering not because they travelled to Brisbane, but because over the course of the season they have underperformed.

Mikehnz

Juniors
Dogs have had to play the Storm, Rabbitohs & Roosters twice each this season. Where can I lay my complaint?

Valheru

Coach
Clubs put forward who they would like to play at home, obviously Penrith don't value Brisbane as a home opponent.

isaiah

Bench
You’ll have to wait til 8pm on a friday night to play it though, don’t want broncos fans having to go outside your usual activity timings......
Haven’t heard much of this whinge this year. Might be because they haven’t had as many TV games.

Saxon

Bench
I said this in the other thread, so Ill repeat. Unbalanced schedule leagues need a finals system. The point of regular season is to remove the deadwood that isnt in contention for a premiership.
You seem to be suggesting that having a finals series balances it all up. But often it seems that some teams that get an easier draw make finals over better teams with a harder draw.

SBD82

Coach
I'm not saying that Penrith lost the game due to this (they lost it because they played crap and have no attacking plans) but I'll still be keen to see the NRL draw for 2020, especially the Broncos draw.

Penrith haven't had a home game against the Broncos since early 2016. So if Penrith have to travel to Suncorp again before receiving another home game against these lot, then fans should raise this scheduling issue with the NRL.

That and no other team gets 13 home games in a year except for the Broncos (with their 'away' game against Manly each year at Suncorp). The benefits for the Broncos in the draw aren't even subtle.

Somehow the Broncos also get to play 8 weeks straight in Queensland at a crucial time of the year.

Any draw where not everyone plays the other team twice is unfair to begin with, that's why a competition like the EPL is ideal..yet somehow a club like the Broncos still gets a pretty good deal.

If you haven’t played at home against the Broncos for 3 years, it means that your team is only being scheduled to play the Broncos once each year.

Ergo, you haven’t had to play twice against one of the sides that is always predicted to be a contender.

Doesn’t that mean that you’re getting an advantage in your draw?

THE CHAMP

First Grade
If you haven’t played at home against the Broncos for 3 years, it means that your team is only being scheduled to play the Broncos once each year.

Ergo, you haven’t had to play twice against one of the sides that is always predicted to be a contender.

Doesn’t that mean that you’re getting an advantage in your draw?

Uuuumm I’m going to go with yes

Fangs

Coach
Broncos fans carrying on as expected. What's new?

Yes the donkeys get a favourable draw. They always do and we all know that won't change.

KOMORI

Juniors
The draw itself is neither here nor there, basically a case of swings and roundabouts...

The real advantage gained by the Broncos is the consistent Friday night time slot and free to air exposure advantage that comes with that. This adds a massive sponsorship bonus to either club or third party’s which, of course, helps in attracting both players and sponsorship..

There’s absolutely zero blame to be apportioned to the Broncos here: the schedule is what Channel Nein want, so there's literally no point in having a go at the club and the supporters...

Latest posts