What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The knee of Burrito.

sladden road

Juniors
So the big fellas knee seems totally stuffed and much credit to him he has kept on.

Does anyone know what it is?
Can a surgery in the off season sort it and why did he not have one last off season.

I’d love to have the big fella on two decent legs.

And I’m kinda getting sick of the shit raking in here, so keep it solution focussed and leave the hot dog stand out of it.

Last edited:

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Yeah...been a while since Fifi was firing on all cylinders. My concern is that the 3 weeks off for the suspension didn't help his cause so it's unlikely to get any better before the off-season..

Ads

First Grade
I think I read he has no pcl and is relying on strapping and physio to keep it going.

shaggs

Coach
I think I read he has no pcl and is relying on strapping and physio to keep it going.
You can’t operate on a PCL.

There is multiple forwards in the comp without PCLs

The lack of a PCL shouldn’t hamper any activity, however if the knee is full of scar tissue and other junk, then that will be an issue.

To me, he looks mechanically bad. I predict that he has a back issue and associated hamstring weakness. His posterior chain isn’t as powerful as it once was

Marchad

Juniors

The lack of a PCL shouldn’t hamper any activity, however if the knee is full of scar tissue and other junk, then that will be an issue.

To me, he looks mechanically bad. I predict that he has a back issue and associated hamstring weakness. His posterior chain isn’t as powerful as it once was
So in layman terms he is rooted.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Wouldn't mind betting that Johnson and Moylan both have problems in the LS Spine as well.

shaggs

Coach
I think he has no medial ligament..
He did have an injury a year or so ago and didn’t get anything done so he could play for Tonga.

I don’t know if he would be able to play without it. The increased instability would be a major cartilage tear waiting to happen.

Frenzy.

Immortal
He did have an injury a year or so ago and didn’t get anything done so he could play for Tonga.

I don’t know if he would be able to play without it. The increased instability would be a major cartilage tear waiting to happen.

I'll bet that has happened too.

Whatever foundational/ structural issue with the knee he has, it isn’t helped by his noticeably increased weight this year
Well its a known fact, the only time he runs is session prior to captains run & on game day. I'm pretty sure its a medial that needs doing. His confidence going into contact is gone.
He is the best front rower in the world, who is damaged currently.
You'd think he'd get a bit more respect from his own fans.? I use the term fan as loosely as he his knee has become.

shaggs

Coach
If it is the case that he has a torn medial, that hasn’t responded to conventional non invasive techniques, then he needs to have it surgically fixed.
He injured the knee last season and clearly weeks off over the off season didn’t fix it.

Non weight bearing for a few days and then straight into rehab. First week of October should see him right for next year

I’d like to see his MRI.

Jimmy O

Juniors
Perhaps it’s was a grade II previously and ruptured last week?
Other wise what if it was just the superficial mcl? Where the deep mcl is still intact. He could be back for finals if we make it?

Looked to me like he was grabbing at the tibial side of the superficial MCL, originally I thought it could have been a bursa or patella tendon.

What knee surgery did he have in the off season? We really need him!

Frenzy.

Immortal
If it is the case that he has a torn medial, that hasn’t responded to conventional non invasive techniques, then he needs to have it surgically fixed.
He injured the knee last season and clearly weeks off over the off season didn’t fix it.

Non weight bearing for a few days and then straight into rehab. First week of October should see him right for next year

I’d like to see his MRI.

Been watching highlights today.

Feefs plays with his right hammy protected. Either a strapping or a thermoskin. Maybe both, hard to see. His left knee is multi strapped. What he has on is not medial strapping alone. Looks like both medial and lateral ligament strapping to me.

I was "told" he had 4 injuries.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Regardless of how we finish this season we need to get Fifita fit and spend the whole offseason re learning how to be merkins in defence. Too much time switching to Eyes up footy (which I like) and not enough maintaining the strong D.

Doesn't help our middles are getting old and we've blooded 6 rookies.

Inferno

Coach
The question is is he on 1 leg worth more to the team than others that are being left out.

I don't think he is at the moment.

The question is is he on 1 leg worth more to the team than others that are being left out.

I don't think he is at the moment.
i'll let you answer this question yourself.
Feefs is still making 25-35 tackles per game. You take a hit up & you run at brailey & Chad. You going for the quick play the ball or the offload. Nek minut, this unholy power comes around your body & in an instant your are crushed to the earth with what feels like the weight of the moon on your back. As you try & try & try to lift this immovable object off, so you can get up, your realise that your energy is being sapped, so you give up & you wait for the tide to go out.
You get up play the ball, & wach your mate doing the same & realise that the same thing has befallen him, but you realise this unmoveable weight is not the Moon, it Andrew fifita.
You watch it happen 35 more times & you think, geez, imagine if he was healthy.

Latest posts