What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matty Johns Podcast

Incorrect

Coach
Even if you're not a big Soccer fan Craig Johnstons story is a great one.
That was a f**king great listen. I'd no idea about half of the stuff that's happened to him since his premature retirement. I can vividly recall getting up in the middle of the night as a 10 year old to watch that FA Cup final v Everton. He's the reason I'm a Liverpool fan...

The sort of bloke you could talk to for days...

axl rose

Bench
That was a f**king great listen. I'd no idea about half of the stuff that's happened to him since his premature retirement. I can vividly recall getting up in the middle of the night as a 10 year old to watch that FA Cup final v Everton. He's the reason I'm a Liverpool fan...

The sort of bloke you could talk to for days...
Indeed. To be honest other than his training in the carpark for years/washing cars story I didnt know much else about him. Need to get a hold of his book now.

TonyT6

Bench
I was lucky enough to buy his book when it first came out and got it signed at a book signing, he was a champion bloke to meet.
I have re-ordered the book this week after listening to the podcast with the intent of giving it to my kids to read.
Without doubt his story is the best in Australian sport.

T-Boon

Coach
It is a good show. He no doubt is a fan of Joe Rogan. I just wish he would get Kent off of it. Kent has good materiel for stories but he is a terrible story teller.
They did raise a good point last night about the show Hard Knocks and how Jon Gruden is such a showman promotor of his club. They raised the topic of Hard Knocks in part to discuss how NRL coaches do not get it, Kent went so far as to say a Hard Knocks equivalent could not happen in the NRL because the coaches would ruin it.
Gruden understands the promotional opportunity of the show while NRL coach certainly would not.

ram raid

Bench
I like Kent's stories. He has a lot of good ones to tell. It's really cool the way he takes a break from talking to send a text.

Incorrect

Coach
It is a good show. He no doubt is a fan of Joe Rogan. I just wish he would get Kent off of it. Kent has good materiel for stories but he is a terrible story teller.
They did raise a good point last night about the show Hard Knocks and how Jon Gruden is such a showman promotor of his club. They raised the topic of Hard Knocks in part to discuss how NRL coaches do not get it, Kent went so far as to say a Hard Knocks equivalent could not happen in the NRL because the coaches would ruin it.
Gruden understands the promotional opportunity of the show while NRL coach certainly would not.
I actually don't mind Kent on it... Way better than he is on NRL360 when he just seems to rage for the sake of raging. On the Podcast he's chilled and provides some good material. Can sometimes drift in to that preachy mode but on the whole, he's like a different human being on the podcast.

Dave's mate

Juniors
The only eps worth listening to are the longer interviews Matty does by himself. The rest are complete crap and theirs MUCH better league pods out the there like This Week in League

Latest posts