What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Triple M's League insider Brent Read has revealed the Parramatta Eels are set to extend the contracts of two key players.

"Parramatta initially only offered him (Michael Jennings) the one-year but it looks like he'll get the two years he wants at Parramatta," Ready told Triple M Saturday NRL.

"Brad Takairangi is another guy who is off-contract at the end of this year and it looks like he will sign a new deal there as well.

"A couple of big signings for the Eels as they head towards the finals."

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/ready-s-mail-parramatta-eels-set-to-re-sign-two-key-players-145869

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But never gone very well at. Off the bench would be a decent option but if he is our starting edge forward I will be disappointed.
He only ever played edge forward last year when the whole team sucked. Do you think that was the reason maybe? Like how we got flogged when Reed Mahoney didn't start the game against the Storm? Or the time we got smashed when Kenny Edwards started at hooker against the Roosters?

Things like this aren't causal links, they are superstition.

Noise

Coach
He only ever played edge forward last year when the whole team sucked. Do you think that was the reason maybe? Like how we got flogged when Reed Mahoney didn't start the game against the Storm? Or the time we got smashed when Kenny Edwards started at hooker against the Roosters?

Things like this aren't causal links, they are superstition.

Nope. He has also played second row for the Roosters and the Titans.

Gronk

Staff member
I like his versatility. Just don;t think he is good choice at starting edge forward
How many times this year have we fielded our best 17. Probably never. Hence the reason why we need his depth. As Pou said, there is a good chance he will start plenty.

Noise

Coach
How many times this year have we fielded our best 17. Probably never. Hence the reason why we need his depth. As Pou said, there is a good chance he will start plenty.

Injury cover fine. But not first choice (which is what I meant by 'starting'). If he is in our best 2 edge forwards then we will be weaker in the position that has been a real strength for us.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Injury cover fine. But not first choice (which is what I meant by 'starting'). If he is in our best 2 edge forwards then we will be weaker in the position that has been a real strength for us.
So it's less of a problem getting weaker in a position that is already strong. We can compensate by getting stronger in an area that is weak. It's a better use of our recruiting dollars.

The great thing about second roe is that it's a position where you can play an 80 minute contributor, but due to interchange you don't need one.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Taka will be fine as our bench utility if we’re at full strength or as a starter if we have injuries in the 2, 3, 4, 5, 11 or 12. I reckon that’s what we’re re-signing him as.

And 6 or 7 with our current halves. Even number 1 (move a back there)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Taka will be fine as our bench utility if we’re at full strength or as a starter if we have injuries in the 2, 3, 4, 5, 11 or 12. I reckon that’s what we’re re-signing him as.
I reckon Niukore is the front runner for that 12 jersey but Takairangi on the bench doesn't make us a weak team. We've won 13 games this year and he has been there for 11 of them.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I reckon Niukore is the front runner for that 12 jersey.
Possibly, but I like his current role. He is providing plenty of impact in the middle and his role is pretty simple. I reckon (hope) he will take the tep/Peni role in the team. He’s much better than both.

Latest posts