What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rd22: Non Parra games

Wally21

Bench
Wallabies haven’t been that bad. Own worst enemy. And it’s Eden Park. They never lose there.
I reckon we’d be real shot if it were a 3 game series. All Blacks are beatable this world cup
Agree that they are beatable, but it won’t be the wallabies. England unfortunately will be the team IMO

Noise

Coach
Do you know how many penalties we've received, and how that compares to other teams? I remember a few years ago we fared the worst in that regard. Just had a look at NRL site and it only shows penalties conceded.
Good question. I might try and work it out tomorrow. I’ll compare Parra to Melbourne.

84 Baby

Referee
Agree that they are beatable, but it won’t be the wallabies. England unfortunately will be the team IMO
Or Wales or Ireland or who knows what the Saffas will do. Or the Argies or Japs. Union worldwide is at a low at the moment

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The question is whether Ricky Stuart is a good coach or not. He won a premiership and a minor premiership at the Roosters, but only five games in 2013. At Canberra he has won this many:

2014 - 8 games
2015 - 10 games
2016 - 17 games (plus a semi final)
2017 - 11 games
2018 - 10 games
2019 - 14 games (with three left to play)

How would Bellamy have gone with Canberra?

Incorrect

Coach
That was a great game Raiders v Storm.... Semi final intensity, Raiders are the real deal. Much as I'd love Sticky to fail, I think he goes close to coach of the year. It's between him and Hasler without doubt. On paper, this might have been as close to the weakest roster he's had since being down there, the forward pack especially... But they're resilient no doubt about it

Good question. I might try and work it out tomorrow. I’ll compare Parra to Melbourne.
Cheers but it seems like a bit of a pain in the arse. I just thought someone might be keeping a tab on it but it looks like you have to go through all the matches and add up all the penalties conceded by the opposition.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That Raiders pack is very strong in defence. In attack they use their powerful backs to wrong foot big opposition forwards through the middle. It's similar to how the Roosters (and Tigers) play.

Noise

Coach
Cheers but it seems like a bit of a pain in the arse. I just thought someone might be keeping a tab on it but it looks like you have to go through all the matches and add up all the penalties conceded by the opposition.

So I have worked it out. @Kornstar isn't going to be happy. Not only are we the least penalised team in the comp. We have also received more penalties than the Storm this year.

We have received 146 penalties this season. The Storm have only received 140 penalties this year.

We are getting preferential treatment I tell ya!!!!

Suitman

Post Whore
It's between him and Hasler without doubt.

I don't get this Hasler love for COTY. I really don't.
He's basically taken a roster of very good players from average, to just above average. Can't see what the big deal is?
BA on the other hand, has taken the Eels from the wooden spoon to top 4 contenders.
A f**king massive difference.
Ricky Stuart certainly should be in contention, but Hasler?
Meh.

Noise

Coach
I don't get this Hasler love for COTY. I really don't.
He's basically taken a roster of very good players from average, to just above average. Can't see what the big deal is?
BA on the other hand, has taken the Eels from the wooden spoon to top 4 contenders.
A f**king massive difference.
Ricky Stuart certainly should be in contention, but Hasler?
Meh.
Manly came 2nd last in 2018, one win ahead of us. We came last. They are one place ahead of us in 2019. The improvement is pretty similar. If BA is in contention so should Hasler

So I have worked it out. @Kornstar isn't going to be happy. Not only are we the least penalised team in the comp. We have also received more penalties than the Storm this year.

We have received 146 penalties this season. The Storm have only received 140 penalties this year.

We are getting preferential treatment I tell ya!!!!
Well done. I had a go but got up to round 6 for us and realised it was too much of a faff on a tablet.

Suitman

Post Whore
Manly came 2nd last in 2018, one win ahead of us. We came last. They are one place ahead of us in 2019. The improvement is pretty similar. If BA is in contention so should Hasler

Hasler is in contention. BA isn't.
Just sayin'.

Latest posts