What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 2nd Test Australia v England, Lords Aug 14-18

Walt Flanigan

Referee
After it refused to be finger banged.
images

undertaker

Coach
well, Australia have done very well to peg the deficit back to 24 runs before Smith's dismissal. Even if there's no more rain, I don't think there's enough time for England to set a winning target and bowl Australia out (also not enough deterioration in the pitch for England to exploit due to washout on day 1 and barely much play on day 3).

And yes, I do believe Smith has concussion after watching a replay of that wicket. Looked like he was in a mini-sleepwalk and dazed as to where the ball was.

Pommy

Coach
Say what you want about Kohli, but that's a bloke who showed some real leadership in the Steve Smith booing situation.

No chance of Ellen Degeneres doing the same, would be too afraid of being disliked.

I must have missed Smith stopping you lot booing Broad.

Steven God Smith has an English mother apparently.

Reckon the ECB might try and poach him too since all their own batsmen are f**king useless?

undertaker

Coach
Aussies would gleefully take that you'd think. But still a lot of time left in this...
IMO, Australia have chewed up enough overs and are currently close enough to England's first innings total to at least secure a draw. They've lasted much longer thanks to Smith and some handy lower-order contributions from Paine and Cummins. When Wade got out earlier, I thought Australia would've crumbled but they're putting up a strong fight here.

Latest posts