What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs Filthy Queens.

bubs

Juniors
Yay I got in first.

Season on the line. What team's going to show up today??

Re-sign Mary for 5 more years.

Jimmy O

Juniors
Well this is the pivotal game that will determine our season.

Target widop, hunt, and their new blooded winger Saab, his defensive reads are not first grade yet.

However what ever happens if we are not aggressive in defence and our middle aren’t up for the challenge of Vaughn, friz, graham, sims and perhaps their freshly blooded rower ford, who is supposed to be the goods we will loose.

It’s time to step up to the plate this match.
Perhaps our forwards were too tired after the bunnies effort, and the panthers were just ready. That’s not an excuse this week and should never be.

Sharks by 4

Defence in the middle has to step up.

It’s been poor all year.

In attack get the ball to the players who will create point scoring opportunities in Johnson & Graham.

Chad just get early ball to the backs, don’t hold onto the ball for and eternity.

Lose this game and you can pack up the circus for another year.

SadShark

Bench
Attitudes of a bunch of shit kaaarnts.

“Meh” is what is chanted in the circle before they run out.

Loss & no faaarks given coming up.

shaggs

Coach
Well this is the pivotal game that will determine our season.

Target widop, hunt, and their new blooded winger Saab, his defensive reads are not first grade yet.

However what ever happens if we are not aggressive in defence and our middle aren’t up for the challenge of Vaughn, friz, graham, sims and perhaps their freshly blooded rower ford, who is supposed to be the goods we will loose.

It’s time to step up to the plate this match.
Perhaps our forwards were too tired after the bunnies effort, and the panthers were just ready. That’s not an excuse this week and should never be.

Sharks by 4
Saab got dropped for lomax

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Come on lads let’s beat these posers. Widdop is a huge danger though, he’s a good player. If Ben Hunt has a blinder today I’ll tear my hair out. Million dollars my ass.

Card Shark

Immortal
In attack get the ball to the players who will create point scoring opportunities in Johnson & Graham.

Chad just get early ball to the backs, don’t hold onto the ball for and eternity.

I have to disagree Slayer.

It is the attitude of getting the ball to players that will score points, without actually doing the hard yards up the guts to assert dominance, that has got us into trouble in numerous games this year that we were expected to win.

e.g. panthers, broncos x 2, bulldogs.

Break them open through the middle & then let Graham, Johnson & co weave their magic.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I have to disagree Slayer.

It is the attitude of getting the ball to players that will score points, without actually doing the hard yards up the guts to assert dominance, that has got us into trouble in numerous games this year that we were expected to win.

e.g. panthers, broncos x 2, bulldogs.

Break them open through the middle & then let Graham, Johnson & co weave their magic.

That's exactly correct. If the pigs don't get to the ad line, keep pumping through post contact and then win the grass war the backs are no chance. Simply having a halfback shovel the ball "to the players who will create point scoring opportunities" will not work

The try scoring opportunities, other than individual efforts, are started and built in the middle. It's about disrupting the D line of the opp. Drag 'em in, drag 'em up, create doubt, wear them out, subtle movements, watch for the emerging deficiency then hit it at speed. Just shovelling the ball out leaves the D line intact and produces fekk all. The hit ups have to be hard, fast and into a space. Create a "vacuum" that sucks defenders to it. When that happens the whole D Line, both sides gets dragged into the same vacuum.

Even the most subtle inward movements into the line creates this effect.

It's not that hard FFS.

Last edited:

Latest posts