What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He we go...again

txta2

Bench
Flanno is ok, probably going to be good, but he won;t be any better than the guy in our 7 for the next few years.
giphy.gif

taipan

Referee
ET Stand, around row D or so, Southern end.

When he walked past in the ET stand,I was near the aisle centre ,when that unmissable head passed me by, I wish I had enough soup under my belt, to unleash a gobfull. Trouble is I was either not drinking or only had one and was driving.
Still you've got to respect journos, who provide such illustrious scoops."Player X was seen having a cappuccino in the Cronulla Mall with a blonde (bloke)."

shadowboxer

First Grade
Couple of years back post game day when they let kids in the pitch to have a run, he was sitting or leaning against the fence below the ET stand like Arthur Fonzerelli. Me and my mates were seething at his arrogance...just being there... none of us had the guts to have a go at him.
Thankfully, another digruntled supporter did, and booted a ball straight at him, unfortunately missing his red head, but grazing his arm. Enough for him to take his shit eating grin out of the ground.
It was a nice sight

AJB1102

First Grade
Well would you like to win a comp in 2 to 3 years time or f**k your salary cap with over priced average footballers and finish between 4th and 6th every year like we have since we won the comp.

Hell we’re over the cap for next year and there’s a good chance we won’t even make the semi’s this year after spending a shyte load on imports.

That’s poor thinking.

Look at Melbourne who have lost two super stars in their team in Cronk and Slater but didn’t try and replace them in the market place. They scout great kids and give them a chance. You don’t hit on them all but if your formula for talent scouting is right you will hit on enough to keep the production line going.

I get your point but that's Melbourne. How much of QLD do they have to scout from and how much more $$$ do they put into coaching and developing than us? We don't even have a P/T kicking coach.

Inferno

Coach
I wonder how much Prior is on.

It makes sense I suppose, not good cap management having three props all on good money.

That being said I think we're going to be in trouble up the middle next year if we have Woods and Fifita starting with Williams playing at lock. Not a huge amount of lateral movement there.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Parra want Prior.
Sydney Morning Herald: Priority target: Eels eye Cronulla's Matt Prior to bolster pack.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/pr...tt-prior-to-bolster-pack-20190817-p52i32.html
All depends on money.

Eels can probably offer maore than we could match.

Keep this in mind Matt from the above link
“Most of you know that we have not had a stable environment during our recent past history. It doesn’t really matter how or why this happened but the facts remain that during the period between 2009-2016, the Parramatta Eels had: 5 coaches; 6 CEOs; 25 Directors; and 5 Salary Cap breaches.
Geez someone worse than us in Admin......

Frenzy.

Immortal
I wonder how much Prior is on.

It makes sense I suppose, not good cap management having three props all on good money.

That being said I think we're going to be in trouble up the middle next year if we have Woods and Fifita starting with Williams playing at lock. Not a huge amount of lateral movement there.

Yes, never been a Mister Magoo fan but he is emerging as a better option than Williams for that reason only. They would have to find another backup hooker though.

Oh, that's right, we let 2 go this year.

taipan

Referee
All depends on money.

Eels can probably offer maore than we could match.

Keep this in mind Matt from the above link Geez someone worse than us in Admin......

When it comes to administration we set the gold medal standard, for others to attain.
Think it was Jack Gibson who stated our limitations are limitless.

If it means we get under the mini sombrero by letting Prior go, then I no complain.

Card Shark

Immortal
Well I’m a big Prior fan but he has been way down this year.

If a team wants him, now is the time to part ways!

I’ll never forget his contribution in 2016, particularly the try in the Canberra final that got us back in the final & the premiership race!

Latest posts