What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 - Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs: Saturday 17th August 7:35pm @ANZ Stadium

handyman2190

Bench
We are playing busted, contrary to reports AR is busted as is sam and burns, we are carrying injurys.
Add to that our defence is garbage,no line speed and no attack in defence, we are a rabble. Im so disappointed, cody hasnt recovered from soo, we need to buy heart were from i dont know.

BradS

Juniors
I honestly can't believe what I watched tonight. That was a complete and utter disgrace I just can't believe it. Worst performance I have seen in years and the boys should hang their heads in shame. It was disgusting. We had everything to play for tonight, a top four spot on the line and a chance to really kick on in this competition but we didn't even show up. It was flat right from the kick off and we had absolutely nothing against one of the worst teams in the comp. I'm normally very positve but that positivity is a world away tonight. We are done for 2019, gone. I can't believe this has happened, I really can't. A Season with so much promise is slipping away and the boys don't even look like they care anymore. It's over. I am shattered and so friggin angry. Don't think I've ever felt this bad after a regular Season game before. Just disgusting.

Attack, what attack? There was nothing there tonight. Right from the kick off the boys looked disinterested. Just walking into the line with no intent at all and then when they went to the ground, they wouldn't even fight to get up and get a quick play-the-ball. It was all in slow motion and we never got out of second gear. Predictable, boring play that was just sideways shit and we never even looked remotely dangerous. No ideas, no set plays, no execution, no fludidity. It was just never there all game. Then there was the amount of errors we made which was disgraceful and I don't get how you could make that errors when you're not taking any risks. The spark is just all gone, we couldn't score a single try against one of the worst teams in the comp. It's so disappointing and I'm at a loss to even try to explain what's happened.

Defence was a mixed bag. We did put in and turn them away on multiple occasions through some good defensive reads but that was as good as it got. Apart from that, It was average. No line speed, missed tackles, silly penalties and just a lack of intent. Just really disappointing.

I'm making this short because all I want to do right now is just jump into bed and drown my sorrows in sleep. Not much to report anyway.

Doueihi: One of the only guys that put in. Good positional play, brave under the high ball and great kick returns. He tried hard tonight.

Gagai: Another one of our only players who actually put in tonight. Gags did a lot of work through the middle, taking quality hit ups and making good meters. Was tested under the high ball but held his own and came up with a great try saver in that first half.

Roberts: Didn't show much tonight. Had little ball but didn't go looking for it. A few good runs but that was about it. Quite average defensively, especially for the Dogs second try where he came up with nothing. No idea what he was doing there.

Burns: Not much to report has apart from take a couple of runs, he didn't do much. Super gutted for him to get injured again. It's a big blow for us and I'm shattered for him. Looks like his Season may be over.

Graham: Wasn't bad and didn't do much wrong all night actually. Some good hit ups (would've been good if he had more though) and was safe under the high ball.

Walker: Looked awesome early on and he looked like he was really primed to have a big game but then, once again, he just disappeared. Apart from putting in a few nothing kicks and being involved in a few backline sweeps, he did nothing. We needed hi to stand up and he simply didn't deliver. It's very concerning and quite sad.

Reynolds: Like Cody, he did hardly anything tonight. Two good kicks (including a brilliant 40/20) but that was about it. He gave us no direction in attack and just looked lost at times. He has run out of ideas but I think his outside men don't help. We just can't seem to execute any plays at the moment. I thought everything Reyno did tonight looked like slow motion and that is a worry. He may have been hampered by that injury but still.

S.Burgess: I actually thought Sam wasn't bad either, in his first stint anyway. He ran hard, was quite aggressive and was busy early on in both attack and defence. He threatened to punch through on a few occasions and in defence, he was winning contact more often than not. However, in his second stint, he did nothing and that is quite concerning. I really hope his injury isn't too bad but it looks like it it. For frick sake we can't take a trick currently.

Cook: Apart from his defence, Cookie didn't impress me at all tonight. He made 54 tackles which was a good effort but apart from that, he offered nothing. Service from dummy half wasn't anywhere near as good and he did nothing to attack and ask questions of the Bulldogs defence.

T.Burgess: Fairly average. Had the odd good run but that was about it. The rest he just trotted into the line and couldn't be bothered to fight for a quick play the ball. He was doing okay defensively though but geez, we need more from him. Just looks so disinterested sometimes.

Lowe: Ethan was crap tonight. Virtually no impact and had a couple of errors. His runs lacked the puch we have been used to.

Su'A: Jaydn was fairly average also. He did run hard but still struggled to make any sort of impact. He also made errors in good filled position that killed our momentum.

Murray: You know it's a bad day when even Cam is average but that's exactly what he was tonight. He was solid defensively as always but let himself down in attack with a few crucial errors and he didn't make his normal impact in that regard.

Sutton: Came on and did a steady job I feel. He didn't do anything to let anyone down.

Britt: Didn't provide much impact and he looked disinterested in his running game too.

Knight: I actually thought he was playing okay. He had a great deal of energy and seemed to be lifting the team. However, he was really let down by his errors. The guy just can's seem to hold a friggin ball.

Tatola: Despite running hard and trying his guts out, he struggled to make any sort of impact.

Sorry for my lack of real insight this week but all I want to do right now is go to bed right now. I'm just not in the mood. Absolutley shattered and so friggin angry after that.

So yea, I am really starting to lose confidence. A Season that promised so much is slipping away. We just have nothing at the moment and tonight was beyond disgraceful. It now looks like we won't make the top four so I think we're gone which is heartbreaking. I can't believe this is the same team that went 10-1 to start the year. It hurts so bad.

We need to have a good hard look at ourselves. there's guys out there that simply aren't putting in. Makes you wonder what Wayne has been doing too as we've now gone backwards from last year.

God, what a shitty, shitty night. I'm a mess.
Yeah know exactly how you feel

They are just disinterested for some reason

Not good enough for an NRL team

Travitoh

First Grade
I caught bits and pieces inbetween watching the cricket and what i saw wasn't inspiring. It appeared that Canterbury dragged us down to their level and won.
What really stood out to me was a lack of movement and go forward off the ball when in possession. It was either a hit up or shifting the ball from side to side hoping something would open up.
I thought Doueihi looked good at FB again and I'm really becoming a fan of him in the 1.
Brisbane next week and TBH, that's a game that i feel Souths should turn up for and win. I have no doubts they are better than Brisbane and any other team below themselves on the table.

English Rose

Juniors

callmack1

Staff member
I think everyone, myself included, is just getting so frustrated because we know what this team is capable of. In my opinion, on our day, playing our best footy, we are almost unstoppable. That is something that has already been proven this year. I know we have the side to win this comp. However, the problem is we haven't played really well since Round 11 and that is a major concern I must admit. Plus, the boys just don't seem to want it. It's just really heartbreaking to see our Season start to slip away when we know we have the team that can do it IF we play to our best.

Oh well, time to drop that game, forget it and move onto next week. A MASSIVE week for us.