What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 2nd Test Australia v England, Lords Aug 14-18

jargan83

Coach
Australia to lodge a application for concussion substitute.

Steve Smith will take no further part in the Test match.

Edit: Didn’t refresh thread, heard it in the telecast.

jargan83

Coach
Did they leave the news late to potentially surprise England a little bit in terms of how they approach the day?

Poms would have a sniff with Smith out I reckon.

Eelectrica

Referee
I'd have gone with Harris. I get that Lab has been playing county cricket recently, but surely Harris is the better batsman.

Bazal

Post Whore
Did they leave the news late to potentially surprise England a little bit in terms of how they approach the day?

Just delayed concussion apparently. Woke up woozy as f**k this morning and they did all the tests again and he flunked is what's being talked about in various places.

undertaker

Coach
The bastard on this thread (before I blocked him) who is the Souf$$ fan laughed yesterday when I mentioned Labuschagne as a concussion substitute for Steve Smith (middle order batsman who can also bowl spin like Smith). Smith was clearly concussed when he came back out to back, as his dismissal was very uncharacteristic of him, almost as if he was in a sleepwalk and didnt see the ball. Theres just no way a batsman is going to recover from that within the space of 24 hours.

Eelectrica

Referee
They could play Harris at 3. Not much difference between opening and 3 anyway. Just comes in for over 2 or 3 instead of 1.

I don’t think the poms have the guts to declare when they need to. Their best chance is we bowl them out when the lead is around 200.

jargan83

Coach
Just delayed concussion apparently. Woke up woozy as f**k this morning and they did all the tests again and he flunked is what's being talked about in various places.

Given you’d think he would have woken up hours before play and they would have assessed him before play, especially with the rain delay is there scope to delay the actual announcement of the news in terms of gamesmanship?

Let me put my tin foil hat away...

Latest posts