What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 22 Vs the Donkeys

Panfa

Juniors
I called naden at fullback thats his best position he started his penrith career there and was captain of our 20s squad he can rome around the field not stuck in one place hes not a natural centre and he leads our tryscoring.Edwards is very safe under the high ball but his positioning is like moylans terrible and lacks real speed off the mark his best attribute is backing up when someone makes a break.Its unfair to criticize naden when he is a fullback forced to play centre hes won us a few games this yr sure hes form is up and down but play him in his preferred position then you can judge him properly.

franklin2323

Immortal
You're throwing all your eggs into the basket that Burton would succeed in another position and that Luai will succeed at 6. Luai could fail and we could have wasted an off season of development on Burton in the halves to get a crack... not to mention having no real backup for Luai and Cleary if they are injured.

What's our plan should we lose one of them? Drop the Burton at fullback/centre experiment to move him to halves and then worry about covering another position? If Crichton is one centre... we can't afford for the other to be a rookie learning the position.

IMO we need to target an experienced centre. Not hope we can make one at the expense of our depth in the halves.

I have said before I would look at both Ramien and Scott..That would then leave no need to move Burton.

However I don't think realistically we well get either or even that we are in a play for either. So leaves a likely pairing of Naden/Crichton then what? an ageing ineffective Whare and ??

Nothing wrong with having Burton or Aekins for that matter. Training as half/FB and jumping in to centre for a few opposed sessions. If it works then why not try it for the game?

Do the same with Naden on the wing or at FB and you have options and you can pick your 17 most talented

OldPanther

Coach
Re watching the reserve grade game and it's just convincing me we can't lock Burton into a pocket on an edge. Has to be in the spine.

hindy111

Post Whore
Edwards is cooked?! :thinking:

He’s been playing well lately, and now he’s cooked? Colour me puzzled.

And no to Yeo in the centres, his lateral movement isn’t good enough, caused To’o headaches on the wing with his slow shifting.

Naden is and will only be average.
Edward's is playing well but he offer little in play making. This isn't always a problem but when your hooker and half isnt that creative then you want a creative fullback.
Backline is slow. Too is the exception. A great talent. Fast a step and powerfull. Mansour turns like an elephant.
Had Whare and Mansour been gone and Dwz and Blake kept it is a good backline. Powerfull big and fast.

I guess Crighton takes a spot next season so all isn't lost. Braiden Burns would be worth getting back. Ramien and Scott would also be options.

hindy111

Post Whore
Cleary is pointless while Jimmy plays.
Cleary isn't flash but he sticks to a game plan. When Maloney is there he sticks to his game plan. It just doesnt work.
Maloney is erratic and plays dumb. His attack at times is brilliant but too many negative. It was up to him to calm the team down last week. He also missed 10 tackles a game.

TheFrog

Coach
we haven't had the rough end of the penalties over his games.
Parra round 1. 10-2. There have been a few of these. There is far far more to it than penalties, they are too easy to count back. It's 50-50 calls. Just because he was OK in one game doesn't mean he has been in all games, otherwise we'd be better than 23.3%.

TheFrog

Coach
I guess Crighton takes a spot next season so all isn't lost. Braiden Burns would be worth getting back. Ramien and Scott would also be options.
I'll be surprised if this club signs first grade outside backs. That is Parramatta thinking. The sort of thinking that has brought 3 spoons this decade. What is badly needed is a quality dummy half.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
Parra round 1. 10-2. There have been a few of these. There is far far more to it than penalties, they are too easy to count back. It's 50-50 calls. Just because he was OK in one game doesn't mean he has been in all games, otherwise we'd be better than 23.3%.

We are a poorly disciplined team. We overall have one of the highest penalty counts and error rates in the comp. Blaming the refs won't fix the issues.

TheFrog

Coach
We are a poorly disciplined team. We overall have one of the highest penalty counts and error rates in the comp. Blaming the refs won't fix the issues.
Our side might have issues but the game has worse issues. Like falling crowds and falling TV ratings. You just watch round 1 again and you'll maybe see why this is happening. Parra have been looked after this year, so that they get a final at the new stadium. It started in round 1. I don't doubt that the 10 penalties were justified. But Parramatta were not angels themselves and were gifted 60% of possession by Klein. It was not a fairly controlled match. There were others too for us but that was the worst of the season. There is a perception in the NRL fanbase that certain teams get looked after. Recent suspensions and non-suspensions bear this out. This makes it a mickey mouse competition and fans are leaving in droves.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Cleary is pointless while Jimmy plays.
Cleary isn't flash but he sticks to a game plan. When Maloney is there he sticks to his game plan. It just doesnt work.
Maloney is erratic and plays dumb. His attack at times is brilliant but too many negative. It was up to him to calm the team down last week. He also missed 10 tackles a game.
Get rid of hi
I'll be surprised if this club signs first grade outside backs. That is Parramatta thinking. The sort of thinking that has brought 3 spoons this decade. What is badly needed is a quality dummy half.

Top 4 in 2017 and potentially top 4 in 2019.
Do not underestimate the importance of quality wingers in the NRL and outside backs. Guys who will turn half chances into tries. If you have no stroke power then opposition has nothing to fear. Current back 5 is one of worse in competition.

hindy111

Post Whore
Our side might have issues but the game has worse issues. Like falling crowds and falling TV ratings. You just watch round 1 again and you'll maybe see why this is happening. Parra have been looked after this year, so that they get a final at the new stadium. It started in round 1. I don't doubt that the 10 penalties were justified. But Parramatta were not angels themselves and were gifted 60% of possession by Klein. It was not a fairly controlled match. There were others too for us but that was the worst of the season. There is a perception in the NRL fanbase that certain teams get looked after. Recent suspensions and non-suspensions bear this out. This makes it a mickey mouse competition and fans are leaving in droves.

Some of the eels better wins was when conceeded more penalties. Storm often give away penalties to win games. Slow team down and control it. Whats 5 penalties over 100 odd tackles for laying on guys.

hindy111

Post Whore
I am just giving my opinion on the Panthers.
The backline stinks. Both halves are feeding the ball to guys who need to be put through a direct hole to create anything. One on one they will be stopped. I'd back Blake and Sivo one on one to get past opponent. Same goes with MJ and Fergo.
Whare,Mansour,Naden are easy picking for defense. Too is only danger.
And the oppostion defenses knows it. They do not panic and do not get nervous if leave a little bit of time and space. Coaches would be fearing teams with dangerous big fast backs getting early ball,space and time....

betcats

Referee
I am just giving my opinion on the Panthers.
The backline stinks. Both halves are feeding the ball to guys who need to be put through a direct hole to create anything. One on one they will be stopped. I'd back Blake and Sivo one on one to get past opponent. Same goes with MJ and Fergo.
Whare,Mansour,Naden are easy picking for defense. Too is only danger.
And the oppostion defenses knows it. They do not panic and do not get nervous if leave a little bit of time and space. Coaches would be fearing teams with dangerous big fast backs getting early ball,space and time....

Say what you want but Naden is scoring tries at a better rate than Waqa ever did for us. Waqa is the epitome of a guy who needs to be put through a hole.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Naden is and will only be average.
Edward's is playing well but he offer little in play making. This isn't always a problem but when your hooker and half isnt that creative then you want a creative fullback.
Backline is slow. Too is the exception. A great talent. Fast a step and powerfull. Mansour turns like an elephant.
Had Whare and Mansour been gone and Dwz and Blake kept it is a good backline. Powerfull big and fast.

Crashtest

Juniors
Say what you want but Naden is scoring tries at a better rate than Waqa ever did for us. Waqa is the epitome of a guy who needs to be put through a hole.

And is creating line breaks as well. He has 7 line breaks to go with his 8 tries from 10 games.

Blake has 3 tries and 3 line breaks from 14 games this season.

Latest posts