What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Origin Schedule

greenBV4

Bench
Interesting that Sydney gets the stand alone weekend rather than Adelaide, will probably limit the number of interstate travelers to SA being a weekday but I'm sure it'll still draw a decent crowd/sell out

Canard

Immortal
Interesting that Sydney gets the stand alone weekend rather than Adelaide, will probably limit the number of interstate travelers to SA being a weekday but I'm sure it'll still draw a decent crowd/sell out

They did that with Melbourne last season also, agreed that it's not ideal, but assume it's a venue availibilty issue.

Stallion

First Grade

Think the Adelaide game is during NSW and Queensland school holidays?

greenBV4

Bench
Think the Adelaide game is during NSW and Queensland school holidays?
Good for kids (and teachers) but not really any different for anyone else, with less seats to sell tickets will most likely be sold at a premium and I doubt there would be many families making the trip

blue bags

First Grade
only 11 weeks till 1st origin , in Adelaide

As the coronavirus crisis threatens the 2020 rugby league season, NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler has devised a State of Origin revamp to salvage the series.
ARLC Chairman Peter V’landys said the NRL is an hour to hour proposition and stressed the cancellation of the Origin series alone would cost the game $20 million. Fittler floated the possibility of playing a condensed Origin series to save the game from losing one of its biggest earners.
“Well if you had to condense it, you could do it in three weeks,” Fittler told Nine’s 100% Footy.

“One game each Sunday. Or a game each Wednesday.

“You’d have to stay in camp, especially if the virus was still hanging around, you’d stay in camp and you’d be in your own little isolation.
That’d be the best way to get the result because you’d have the team motivating, being together, and the best way to build some camaraderie.”

NRL legend Andrew Johns even suggested keeping a select group of Origin incumbents in training should season be suspended in the interest of playing a one-off Origin fixture.

“Even if worst case scenario they called the season off, could we play Origin?,” he said.

“Keep some players in training and play the Origin.”

However, Johns baulked at suggestions that the State of Origin series could be played after the Grand Final.

“No. Once the grand final is done you check out.”
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...s/news-story/beb58f7b57b3cd389e4bc6e50461e4a0

Last edited:
Hi All,

Now that Origin is rescheduled for November - anyone know when they'll revise the series details, or if they'll stick with the original grounds etc - Adelaide/Sydney/Brisbane?

Assuming still to be finalised but appreciate insight if someone has any.

Just got an email from Ticketek for Adelaide game being postponed and tbc about proceeding.

Cheers

So now this has been announced to go ahead in November, where will they be held and when will we know...?

of course I hope we are able to have crowds back by then and if so, I think we’ll see Adelaide/Sydney/Brisbane...

But at what point do they make the call?

greenBV4

Bench
So now this has been announced to go ahead in November, where will they be held and when will we know...?

of course I hope we are able to have crowds back by then and if so, I think we’ll see Adelaide/Sydney/Brisbane...

But at what point do they make the call?
I think I read its going to be 3 consecutive Wednesdays 10 days after the GF

I also think it'll be Suncorp for all 3 if no crowds, but will keep the Adl/Syd/Bri if crowds are allowed, they will leave it until the very last minute to announce and do everything they can to get crowds, not sure what the latest is they can announce it is to allow for organising etc.

Perth Red

Post Whore

I also think it'll be Suncorp for all 3 if no crowds, but will keep the Adl/Syd/Bri if crowds are allowed, they will leave it until the very last minute to announce and do everything they can to get crowds, not sure what the latest is they can announce it is to allow for organising etc.

You'd think 2-3 months before in order to sell tickets and corporate suites. So realistically sometime in August, though with Adelaide might need an earlier decision due to AFL/cricket requirements on the ground.

blue bags

First Grade

crowds allowed now, limited, in NSW games, 10,000 limit i think
cant have all 3 games in brisbane. are you crazy :oops:

greenBV4

Bench
cant have all 3 games in brisbane. are you crazy :oops:
Yeah crowds are somewhat allowed now so I don't think it will be
I made that post when the number of grounds was limited and noone was allowed in, with no crowds at all and being 3 consecutive games it made sense for them not to have to move equipement and have all 3 at the one venue - and if one was allowed crowds and the other not then thats would of made the descision

blue bags

First Grade
Yeah crowds are somewhat allowed now so I don't think it will be
I made that post when the number of grounds was limited and noone was allowed in, with no crowds at all and being 3 consecutive games it made sense for them not to have to move equipement and have all 3 at the one venue - and if one was allowed crowds and the other not then thats would of made the descision
ok no worries , has NRL sorted the SOS schedule out yet,
or still in limbo, sorting it out, the stadiums